Sign in to follow this  

What is the Best pipe for the 05 crf450r

I just got the akrapovic exhaust for my bike yesterday, used. and i was just wondering how it stacked up with the rest of the pipes out there and if i would need to do any rejetting or anything i could do to maximize the power. i mostly ride outdoors. im new to the 450 moving up from a 125 kawasaki.

It is up to you. I hear MDR is good but there is an FAQ form and a search form you can fook at for more info. :applause:

The akrapovic is by far the best. Iv'e had all the other systems and the akrapovic made the most power difference for me, plus its a work of art. This is just my opinion though.

I remember reading a shootout study back after the 05's were first released (When I bought mine), and CHM blew everyone else away, with Akropovic coming in second. Check em out. Probably much cheaper than the Ak too.. :applause:

"Best" realitive term... is highest peak HP "best"? Dirt Rider did some pipe shootouts a while back... They gave letter grades based on overall performance. From Memory, DR. D and Pro Circuit did well....

OBTW - shouldn't you ask this question BEFORE you buy a pipe? :applause:

if you already bought it just put it on. you should ask questions b-4 you buy. not trying to be a butt although you cant beat the price and customer service that comes no charge with the MRD

if you already bought it just put it on. you should ask questions b-4 you buy. not trying to be a butt although you cant beat the price and customer service that comes no charge with the MRD

You already bought it so jet it accordingly. I doubt your going to need the most power the thing can put out anyway unless you AMA top 10.

i can always sell the pipe i just got. i was just wondering if there was something better out there or if i did good with getting the one i got. thanks for the input