Sign in to follow this  

'07 WR250F Coolant Reservoir

The coolant reservoir tank on my '07 WR250 is vented, with the vent tube eventually terminating by the rear shock linkage / carb overflow tubes.

After a day of riding, it appears that coolant sloshes around and fills the vent tube with the end result of coolant dripping out of the vent tube into the bed of my truck.

Couple of questions:

1. Why is the '07 system vented when the '01 - '06 WRs were not?

2. If I block off the vent tube up by the reservior, will the system still function correctly?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

The coolant reservoir tank on my '07 WR250 is vented, with the vent tube eventually terminating by the rear shock linkage / carb overflow tubes.

After a day of riding, it appears that coolant sloshes around and fills the vent tube with the end result of coolant dripping out of the vent tube into the bed of my truck.

Couple of questions:

1. Why is the '07 system vented when the '01 - '06 WRs were not?

All model year WRs coolant reservoir tanks were vented with that same tube dumped to the ground - just like yours. You have too much coolant in the tank so it empties any excess...

2. If I block off the vent tube up by the reservior, will the system still function correctly?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

It needs to be opened for the pressure to equalize properly when the radiator cap opens up, so leave it as is...