Sign in to follow this  

Newbie question/suggestions

I am new to motocross, and recently purchaced an 02 yz426. HUGE difference from my klx300! Anyway, I want to start riding track, but am hesitant due to the guys that completely haul a$s. Im thinking about going to the track in san jose, but am wondering if it is too complex for me. I ride the track at metcalf all the time, and seem to do fine on it. if someone can tell me when the best time to go to the san jose track is, that'd be great. Thanks guys!!

I am new to motocross, and recently purchaced an 02 yz426. HUGE difference from my klx300! Anyway, I want to start riding track, but am hesitant due to the guys that completely haul a$s. Im thinking about going to the track in san jose, but am wondering if it is too complex for me. I ride the track at metcalf all the time, and seem to do fine on it. if someone can tell me when the best time to go to the san jose track is, that'd be great. Thanks guys!!

I too went from a KLX to a YZ426. Amazing difference. Night and Day. Initially I couldn't get use to the 426 -- way to much bike for me. Now I don't care for the KLX.

Track? Weekdays and early, probably.

The best thing to do is stick with Metcalf till ya have your skills set......I ride MCP all the time, and its a great track to learn Skills and get fast on. SCMX will be usind MCP in Their Series this year :applause:

you can try clubmoto. i think they still have the free class held by terry for beginners every first saturday of the month.

http://www.clubmoto.com/cm/kris/schools.shtml

www.clubmoto.com

Great tip! That would be this Saturday.

I'm pretty slow on a MX track. I tend to hug the sidelines, hold my line, and let the advanced riders pass me. One thing I have learned in other sports is when you change lines to avoid getting hit, sometimes you move right into the other person's line. Just be consistent. Also, I'll look back before getting to a big jump. I don't want to be landed on. I've seen the nice underside of a RM250 jumping over me as I rolled a big table top.