Sign in to follow this  

Renthal Kevlar Grip Installatio

Can you use spray paint (As I usually do) to install the kevlar grips

The instructions say to use there grip glue only but that is prob gust to make them a little more money

What have yall done?????????

all renthal grips say to use their grip glue i never used it. I just spray a little hair spray and they slide on pretty easy and also dry up quick. I also wrap mechanics wire around the grips so they cant slide around.

spray paint works the best..spary the both ends of the bar and the inside of the grips wirh clear spray pait, wait for it to dry,then spy more on the bars and grips enough to slide on ez then put them on, wait an hour then your good to go! they wont move a bit!

u well love these grips. i've had my on now for a month, they feel so great!

Using hairspray or gas will cause them to come off when they get wet. I use wire as close as I can to the inside of the grip and then add a donut so I never touch it.

3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive is the best grip glue. I've tried it all and it works the best for ease of installation and long term staying power.

Expanding foam. FOund out by accident when I was filling bars with the stuff for anti vibe. I imagine just a swipe on the grip and they would stay on great. Taking them off will be another story.

I used the Krylon clear spray paint to put mine on.I also wire them on the insides as well just to make sure they dont come off.It only takes 1 grip comming off in a whoop section to make you want to wire AND glue your grips.

Expanding foam. FOund out by accident when I was filling bars with the stuff for anti vibe. I imagine just a swipe on the grip and they would stay on great. Taking them off will be another story.

Do you mean polyurethane foam such as used in construction for sealing window frames and whatnot?

Did you find it worked to dampen vibrations?

Reason i am asking is i am about to mount my GPS to the handlebars of a KTM 640 ADV and i am slightly worried it will vibrate itself to death

Cheers Lar

3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive is the best grip glue. I've tried it all and it works the best for ease of installation and long term staying power.

Wher at in Texas

I'm with you on this one, I've been using it for about 15 years now, works great!

spray paint works great but you gota do it fast once you spray it on

Windex to get them on, then when I got my handguards I used epoxy to hold the throttle side on (no sticking) and it works pretty good.

Wher at in Texas

I'm in Colleyville, NE of Fort Worth.