2007 Boxer California Wild Heritage Bill S-493 - Petition to Sign

The 2007 Boxer California Wild Heritage Bill S-493 proposes 36 new Wilderness additions totaling over 1.1 million acres

It includes three inappropriate Wilderness additions in the Sequoia, which would close 46 existing trails to multiple use.

Motorized groups have adopted at least 7 trails within the area proposed to be closed to them

None of these volunteer groups were contacted to ask if they thought these Wilderness proposals were appropriate

None of these areas were recommended for Wilderness by the Sequoia National Forest

Below is a simple petition opposing any more Wilderness Areas in California

http://www.petitiononline.com/boxer/petition.html

The bill will probably be scheduled for a vote about six months from now. Contact your Congressman & let them know how you feel.

Here is a link to find your Congressman's phone number & address

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/officials/congress/

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks alot for posting this! My husband and I were actively & adamently opposed to the last go around of new wilderness areas (under the Clinton administration; he made 80 new wilderness areas in the southern Ca deserts alone & Feinstein completely changed Death Valley National Park to a Wilderness). We witnessed on the ground (while riding our dirtbikes) thousands of OHV trails removed from the maps and turned into wilderness. Simply put, it was devastating. And now they want more! Completely absurd. Thanks alot for caring guys, they've already taken enough land from us. If you read Boxer's bill she completely lies & states that the bill does not include areas where there's roads and trails. We've done some field evaluation in those areas she wants to claim as wilderness, & many of them are filled with fire roads, two track roads, and singletrack. The bill misleads the public. I could go on forever, so I'll end it here...but Thanks to all that sign opposing more wilderness in CA!

I signed, but you have to realize, petitions are nice but politicians like Boxer only respond to 2 things: $$$ and votes. Boxer is OWNED by the eco-kook friendly liberal left, she gets $$$ and votes from them so she does what they want. If you really want to make a difference, vote against her and Feinstein and financially support the BRC and CORVA.

I signed, but you have to realize, petitions are nice but politicians like Boxer only respond to 2 things: $$$ and votes. Boxer is OWNED by the eco-kook friendly liberal left, she gets $$$ and votes from them so she does what they want. If you really want to make a difference, vote against her and Feinstein and financially support the BRC and CORVA.

Already signed. Thanks for posting.

I signed last week, #23562.

These people live in a fantasy world of power, money, corruption, greed, etc. They have no idea how the rest of us live and couldn't care less. What we have to say will only reach Barbara Boxer by accident if at all. They also believe their own press. As an example; the Wilderness Act was passed and in it was a line that said wilderness land became federal land. They treat such bilge as if it's true. Unfortunately, it takes a Constitutional Ammendment to allow the fed to own anything other than what the Constitution says.

These people run roughshod over the rest of us because we allow it. All we have to do is say no. We need to become unreasonable about OUR LAND. I'm not talking rebellion, just Civil Disobedience.? Challenge the authority. That is what was done at Jawbone a few years ago and the government backed off. When the Authority says, "You can't ride here." Your reply should be, "I always have before, so, you have a nice day, now." Then ride on. What's Ricky Ranger going to do, shoot you?

Since when do we need to cower because some judge makes an unConstitutional ruling? In the US Supreme Court ruling in Marbury vs Madison, I paraphrase: "Any law, repugnant to the Constitution, is as if it never existed." Do you have any idea how many of todays laws are contrary to the Constitution? There's over 20,00 gun laws alone. :worthy:

How can our representatives get away with selling our public lands? They don't hear our 'NO's' I guess. Worse yet, how can the U.S. Forest Service sell our public land? They don't own it, it's part of the State of California but they can sell it to a private party to help rural schools. Oh, :naughty: as long as it's for the children, blah, blah, blah .

I've already been rehearsing my responses, how 'bout you? There's no need to be antagonistic or belligerent. Just a simple, "no, I don't think so." then ride on. The poor ranger or whatever is ordered to back up the bad decisions that come out of DC, on top of all the other duties that need to be taken care of. Don't take it out on him/her. That is the place this crap falls apart, ENFORCEMENT. We, the people need to send a message back up the line to DC. :ride: NO! IT'S OUR LAND!?

We can either do that or give in to the FORCE of the Government? and quit riding accept in government approved areas :applause: designed especially for the sheeple and maintained by sheeple voluteers? while the government spends the sheeples' money on other things the sheeple don't want. :eek:

Yeah, I'm tired of it.

Dave

Here is some info I posted on another site,

We can pound Feinstien and Boxer with crafty letters and sign petitions

all day long. It gets us little ground. Boxer has been lobbied and her mind

is set on the wilderness bill...and unfortunately for us, it will most likely go

through congress and Bush will sign it.

If we want to defeat this bill, we need everyone, not only from California,

But alll of the other states to get in touch with your congressional rep and

tell them we vigorusly oppose this S 493 wilderness bill.

LOBBY DAY There is another redicules bill that was introduced in the state

by a fellow named Stienburg a week ago that will basicly kill what little is left of our green

sticker program, CA S 742. It has guidlines for killing red stiker vehicals and

even has more restrictions on watercraft and snowmobiles (And this is supposed to

be an OHV bill) Waldheim and our lobbyists have already contacted the governors

office and we have a good chance to get Arnold to kill it.

I'm sure this and the Boxer bill will be what we will be working on in Sacremento on the 19th.

Another note on Lobby Day, There is a seminar on the 18th for this and

the Vagabond hotel. It is important to attend this seminar the day before

we walk the halls of Sacremento so we know what the heck we are doing.

I was holding off on the lobby thing until CLORV got their server thing worked

out to register, but for now, click on the following link, down load the form and

Fax or Email it to them http://www.clorv.org/ld2007regform.doc

Also the following letter was hand delivered to Congressman Kevin McCarthy

among many others from diffrent groups like D37,Corva and so on

mine just happens to be from Friends of Jawbone...read on.....

mm1.jpg

Friends of Jawbone

A Nonprofit public benefit corporation

P.O. Box 1902

Cantil, CA 93519

760-373-1146

FAX: 760-373-1165

Email: jawbone.ccis.com

www.jawbone.org

February 17, 2007

Congressman Kevin McCarthy

1523 Longworth House Office

Washington DC, 20515

Reference: S-493 California Wilderness Bill

Dear Congressman McCarthy:

Friends of Jawbone is a non profit group of volunteers who encourages family recreation in the East Kern County. We promote education and safety awareness to all who access the Eastern Kern County area. We are already facing unbalanced access verses anti-access land situation when it comes down to recreation on public lands. We are already stepping around boundaries of wilderness, military bases, state parks, tortoise habitat, fish and game areas, BLM acec closures, and private property.

Adding additional wilderness does not make sense compared to the millions of acres of public land already set aside for conservation in California. The general selling point for wilderness is to set it aside for lands future generations, but this effectively this has locked out our lands from general public.

All we are asking for is balance. The areas that are proposed for wilderness have recreational value without compromising beauty and wildlife of deserts and forests. Extreme environmental groups view the general public as destructive and uncaring regarding our natural resources. Friends of Jawbone is a “Ground Zero” organization. We network with BLM, Park service, law enforcement, medical incident response teams and search and rescue. We have many volunteers that expertly maintain trails, signs, fences and the key word “Educate”

It is imperative we keep our existing trail system in tact. The more trails we lose via wilderness designation, the more chance of problems created by crowding people into smaller areas.

We work with county and city resources in our area to better our local economy that outdoor recreation generates to the East Kern area. Adding more wilderness will only degrade our local economy and slow growth. Thousands of jobs are at stake if the wilderness coalitions completely shut down our recreation.

I am only speaking for Kern County, but in sure other counties affected by this new bill have similar concerns.

In closing, I just want to say it makes my heart drop when I take my kids to a place off the beaten path my father took me to when I was young …only to find a locked gate.

Bottom line, we at Friends of Jawbone vigorously oppose S-493 California Wilderness Bill. It is not a fair balanced conservation vs recreation bill.

Sincerely

Wayne Nosala

Vice President

Friends of Jawbone

P.O. Box 1902

Cantil, CA 93519

760-373-1146

FAX: 760-373-1165

Email: jawbone.ccis.com

www.jawbone.org

Another thing to keep in mind here....

There is an ANTI OHV LOBBY DAY the week BEFORE we go

to Sacremento!

Thats why its imperative we do not go riding on the 18th and 19th of this

month and take what could be the most important two days out of

the year. We as a group need to walk the halls of Sacramento and do

damage control!

Bikers, Quad-tards, Buggy-tards, Rhino-tards, Go-cart-tards, 4x4-tards

You get the picture, im just kidding around....:applause:

We all need to get up there to counter the lies and misconceptions ORGs

like CWC, PEER,COW, Sierra Club are going to serve our reps up there.

Wayne Nosala

CORVA

Friends of Jawbone

The way to show these pigs what is what is play by their game and get plates for our bikes. Then they can't do a thing because we will reside with the other protected groups of CA (or i should say the ones with $$$).