Sign in to follow this  

AGIP 10W 60 oil

I went looking at the AGIP website and noticed that this oil was missing. A quick email to them and the reply was that it fell off the rebuilt website but is available for 12 -1L bottles for $96 +UPS

You can call 1.800.922.9243 to order. We should have this back on the

website soon.

No excuse not to get the right stuff.

So what your trying to tell me is the fryer grease i get for free from my biodiesel making buddy is not OK to run in my Husky? Well that sux. :applause: i was just loving how hungry everyone behind me was getting.

Italian bikes really should use high quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil with just a dash of Balsamic vinegar. Mmmmm. Prego!

What? Huh? You have to put oil in these things? That metal grinding, knocking and smoke isn't normal for these bikes?

I was told by my dealer that HVA also recommends Golden Spectro 20-50 or 10-40 which is what they use in their race bikes.

I went looking at the AGIP website and noticed that this oil was missing. A quick email to them and the reply was that it fell off the rebuilt website but is available for 12 -1L bottles for $96 +UPS

website soon.

That sux. I just paid more for it from another website because it wasn't listed.

website soon.

I am going to call!

i run motorex 10/60w 100% synthetic with no problems in my husky...most shops around here always carry it instock too so i dont gotta deal with having it shipped

ide buy the agip stuff but i never see it online or at any shops

+1 for motorex 10/60

i run motorex 10/60w 100% synthetic with no problems in my husky...most shops around here always carry it instock too so i dont gotta deal with having it shipped

ide buy the agip stuff but i never see it online or at any shops

What are you paying for the Motorex? :applause:

What are you paying for the Motorex? :applause:

In Central OR I pay $12.25 a liter for the Motorex, ouch (plus I can't get any in my town, I have to pick it up in a bigger town a couple hours away). If shipping is anything under $50, I would come out ahead ordering the Agip...

Chris

+3 for Motorex. Agip has a completely useless website! They offer absolutely no info on their product which leaves me very concerned as to its quality. I work for a motorcycle parts and accessories distributor and not one vendor wants to carry that (what I must assume) crap. From what I have seen on TT none of the Husky dealers stock it either which should also be a sign. just my .02

Well ok Motorex 10-60 synthetic - $44.55 / 4 liters - no tax in CA at least, no shipping if you buy $149 or more worth of stuff.

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=PU_36010009

If you are ordering some stuff from the TT store it might be a nice item to buy to bump the total order to get the free shipping.

HI-Flo HF-154 oil filters are $4.44 too.

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=TR_140154

All of my orders have arrived quickly.

Okay, here's the thing. Oil types for specific engines has more to do with the climate that the engine will be operating in than the engine itself.

The two numbers are a cold/hot viscosity number.

So, in the case of 10-60, it's 10wt when cold and 60 wt when hot. If you are in colder climate, 10-60 might be optimal. We Californians (and residents of other warm states like Texas, New Mexico and Arizona) can easily use the 20W-50 from Spectro. In fact, it might be better suited for the climate than the 10W-60.