Sign in to follow this  

Potential Bike Trade....need some opinions.

I have a '03 YZ250F that's pretty tricked out for offroad and has fairly low hours and in great condition. I'm thinking about trading it straight across for an '05 YZ250 that a really good friend of mine has for sale since upgrading bikes. The '03 would be for his son. The '05 of his is pretty stock, has a pipe and bars and some other small goodies, but nothing major.

I'd like to go back to a two-stroke for awhile since I just ride offroad recreationally, no racing other than my buddies, and I've had alot of 2-strokes in the past.

Anybody see any reason to not do this trade?

id do it, that is a sweet bike to git for an 03' yz250F, newer and better, not to mention less mantinace compared to your 4-stroke to.

I myself have an 05" yz250 and you will love how light the fill is with the alluminum frame and all.

All though u got alot of stuff on your 03' the value of the bike is no grater than stock, cuse I work at chaparral motorsports and if u traded it in you would git close to nuthing for it, so you are giting a awsome deal.

Thanks, yeah good points. Man, I'm so stoked there's a 2-stroke section on Thumpertalk now!