Sign in to follow this  

AP mod gas mileage

Sorry if this is a repost, didn't see it anywhere though. Racing mostly desert (100 miles) and Hare scrambles how does the AP mod effect fuel consumption? Thanks for the info.

with the ap mod you have longer duration and a stronger squirt. but fuel economy is not affected other than when the pump is used. you should not even notice a difference especially in the dessert

with the ap mod you have longer duration and a stronger squirt. but fuel economy is not affected other than when the pump is used. you should not even notice a difference especially in the dessert

Not necessarily. Because the AP only squirts for as long as you twist the throttle duration is actually shortened. This would normally increase shot volume but because you install a larger leak jet, that problem is solved. technically you should be using less fuel with the AP mod.

Not necessarily. Because the AP only squirts for as long as you twist the throttle duration is actually shortened. This would normally increase shot volume but because you install a larger leak jet, that problem is solved. technically you should be using less fuel with the AP mod.

shouldn't the duration be slightly longer since you have a longer stroke after shaving the rivet?

Personally I feel like I use more fuel, but can't say for sure how much more. Just seems like I fill up the tank more often than I used to.

ben

Personally I feel like I use more fuel, but can't say for sure how much more. Just seems like I fill up the tank more often than I used to.

ben

you more than likely have just got faster "young grasshopper" :applause:

ben

You still have a small leak jet in the bike. That is farking up the whole program. And no, I'm not giving you one.

Hey Ben, I might have a larger leak jet for you. What you runnin'? Oh yeah, and I credit myself chasing your ass around the track each weekend for you burning so much fuel!

Where can I get a leak jet at?? any specific place to order them?? mine has a 55 in it now, want to put a 90 in it... short rivit, and O-ringed the arm.. crazy thing is, when I bought my JD kit from TT, it came with 2 o rings, and at the bottom of the instructions, i swear it was the same pic from the AP mod PDF, showing the O ring around the Screw and the black thing, with directions on why to use the o ring... it came with a thick oring for "80% increase", and a thinner one for "40% increase" :applause:

Where can I get a leak jet at?? any specific place to order them?? mine has a 55 in it now, want to put a 90 in it... short rivit, and O-ringed the arm.. crazy thing is, when I bought my JD kit from TT, it came with 2 o rings, and at the bottom of the instructions, i swear it was the same pic from the AP mod PDF, showing the O ring around the Screw and the black thing, with directions on why to use the o ring... it came with a thick oring for "80% increase", and a thinner one for "40% increase" :applause:

It was the same picture because James Dean supplied that picture in the AP mod thread. Order up your leak jets from James. www.jdjetting.com or the TT store.