Sign in to follow this  

OK to run? (after being overheated)

Per all of your suggestions, I recently purchased the CRF's Only Fuel Screw and JD Jet Kit. I haven't gotten around to installing everything, as of now, I've only installed the Fuel Screw. I want to run the bike this weekend and I won't have time to install the jet kit or open the airbox. I imagine I won't have any problems running like this, but I thought I'd double check here first. Thanks and sorry for the newb post.

FWIW, you might take a few minutes and do the basic mods before your ride. That's what I would do. To answer your question, there should be no problem riding the bike with just the new fuel screw. Either way, have fun, be safe, and ENJOY!!!

I would at least change out the main jet to a 165, it is very easy and only takes about 5 min. Easier than the fuel screw.

Thanks for the input. If it's that easy, I'll knock it out tonight and get her running strong before I hit the dunes.

It is worth the time to switch it over. You can do it fast enough that it would be worth it even if it cost some riding time. The airbox is quick and changing the jet. The whole JD jetting stuff took me awhile the first time around.

However, if you don't do it, it's nice to see the before and after effect of waiting. That way you'll know it was worth it

I think it will get you close then use the method posted on fuel screw adjustment posted in the sticky section to make it perfect:thumbsup:

Per all of your suggestions, I recently purchased the CRF's Only Fuel Screw and JD Jet Kit. I haven't gotten around to installing everything, as of now, I've only installed the Fuel Screw. I want to run the bike this weekend and I won't have time to install the jet kit or open the airbox. I imagine I won't have any problems running like this, but I thought I'd double check here first. Thanks and sorry for the newb post.

Conrats to another X owner........Awesome bike have fun with the E-Start, ive only kicked my bike just to make sure it worked.