TT CA forum (& other forums) infiltrated from within?

I'm probably going to get royally flamed for this, but........

Am I just paranoid? In the last few months, an unprecedented amount of new-comers have started showing up around these parts (and other forums) with the seemingly rational viewpoint of collaboratiing and compromising with those who want to eliminate our sport. I've never felt that in the past. Coincidence?

You know the stuff:

OHV cops are needed, good for the sport, and handing out tickets is useful

We need more wilderness areas in CA

Compromise with the green crew is good for our sport

Organized Events are bad for the envrionment

Support of the "only ride marked trails" philosophy

Support for the current powers that be in Sacto (what a joke)

etc., etc., etc.

I see no evidence of them asking for advice on how to make their AP not bog off idle, where the best suspension shop is or whether a CRF or WRF is better. I don't see them hooking up for rides with other TTr's. It's subtle, but I primarily see posts about how we should just all "get along" with those who seek to send us to extinction. They never come right out and go completely pro green, but something smells fishy to me.

Am I being paranoid? Am I the only one that see this happening? Are we in danger of having our "private" words and arguments being taken and used as ammo against us? Or is a significant segment of our sport turning pro green, for bigger government and more liberal?

I''m going to go to my safe place and crawl back under my rock now.

:applause: Just wondering if anyone else is feeling this?

bp

PS - watch what you say.....green bro is watching

• Like 1

I'm with coffee, I sure have never seen a post that says "We need more wilderness".

You are right about some of the people on Thumpertalk. There are some true greenies lurking about.

I'll just take a wild guess and guess that perhaps I am one of those that you are complaining about. Let me go over each point.

OHV cops are needed, good for the sport, and handing out tickets is useful[/Quote]

There are an unbelieveable amount of idiots out there and someone needs to reign them in or we will loose all the riding that we have. Do I like the idea, not really, but I try and not be an idiot.

We need more wilderness areas in CA

Absolutely not, but I did make a post where I said that completely stopping it is most likely impossible. That's an observation, not support.

Compromise with the green crew is good for our sport

I sure never said anything like that. Anyone who does is living in fantasy land. There is no compromising with them.

Organized Events are bad for the envrionment[/Quote]

You get this from trail riders. They see the concentrated use. To me it doesn't really matter. It is use that would happen anyway. From a trail maintanence standpoint it does put a lot of use on the trails that are used in a race.

Support of the "only ride marked trails" philosophy

Do I like the idea, no I don't. I think that it sucks. However, it is the situation that we are faced with. The era open riding is over. All the national forests are now closed to cross country travel. I expect the BLM to follow suit with a designation program. For most of southern California it has been this way for a long time. Los Padres and Angeles went to designated routes about 20 years ago. Most of the desert BLM has been in the limited use closed unless signed open since the 80's. It was just the enforcement that was lacking. Now it is starting to be enforced.

Support for the current powers that be in Sacto (what a joke)

What I think of "the current powers" and what they do is not fit for ThumperTalk. I'd be banned.

There was a post in the land use section that had links to an enviromentalist website with quotes off of thumpertalk. We are being watched, but that can be good or bad for example a post about doing trail maintence would be hard to turn into a bad thing, but a post about doing donuts in a meadow-well you get the idea.

You are definitely paranoid, don't worry about it!

Does anyone know of a good suspension shop in Berkley? My leaf spring thingy seems stiff.

Goob - ROTFLMAO!!! Hey, I know a good place to get your leaf spring thingies worked on! Head East of CA about 800 miles and turn North. LOL

BTW, I love your Avatar. Made me laugh again.

At a recent get together for car enthusiasts here in SoCal there ere 14 unmarked cop cars arresting folks and impounding cars. No one was speeding or ding burnouts. The cops rushed in and said pop you hoods...alll the cars with swapped motors were impounded and the owner arested. We shoed up late, saw the scene and kept driving. Later it was told to one attendee that the cops have been on the website forum planning this for months and pretending to be an enthusiast.

You are NOT paranoid...at least about this issue...keep the "spots" info to PMs with known persons. No pics of obvious give away locations. No directions to "new" locations, etc.

Just my $.02!!!

Did you guys ride that single track, the one by the rock, with the tree next to it...that was sweet, huh?!?!?

Don't post picures of your riding adventures :applause:

Ok. Now I hope your kidding. If we did what you suggest, the greenies will have one a victory. One of the coolest things about TT is being able to share ride reports and pics. Don't give in to the bastards! Maybe we should infiltrate their web sites!

I'm with coffee, I sure have never seen a post that says "We need more wilderness".

You are right about some of the people on Thumpertalk. There are some true greenies lurking about.

I'll just take a wild guess and guess that perhaps I am one of those that you are complaining about. Let me go over each point.

<<<<<<giant snip>>>>>>

What I think of "the current powers" and what they do is not fit for ThumperTalk. I'd be banned.

cleonard - not thinking of you at all. Maybe you're paranoid? ?

Trust me, there are pro wilderness posts out on the boards - this one included. Usually they are veiled, but they seem to be coming more "out of the closet" as of late.

Seriously, I think your posts are great. I may not agree 100%, but we're on the same page I'd guess. I won't even address your above thoughts cause you're not who I was talking about.

As for the "current powers"........:applause: :applause:

I guess I'm just old school - remembering the way things "always have been" in the past. Not ready to let that go just yet.

bp

At a recent get together for car enthusiasts here in SoCal there ere 14 unmarked cop cars arresting folks and impounding cars. No one was speeding or ding burnouts. The cops rushed in and said pop you hoods...alll the cars with swapped motors were impounded and the owner arested. We shoed up late, saw the scene and kept driving. Later it was told to one attendee that the cops have been on the website forum planning this for months and pretending to be an enthusiast.

You are NOT paranoid...at least about this issue...keep the "spots" info to PMs with known persons. No pics of obvious give away locations. No directions to "new" locations, etc.

Just my $.02!!!

Did you guys ride that single track, the one by the rock, with the tree next to it...that was sweet, huh?!?!?

I agree with not giving away too much info, but please, lets not stop doing the great ride reports that come up from time to time. TTer's should use good common sense of course, but let's not be so paranoid that we don't have any fun either.

We are being watched, but that can be good or bad for example a post about doing trail maintence would be hard to turn into a bad thing,

Somehow I doubt they'll be posting on their forums about how we're helping the envrionment.

There was a post in the land use section that had links to an enviromentalist website with quotes off of thumpertalk. We are being watched, but that can be good or bad for example a post about doing trail maintence would be hard to turn into a bad thing, but a post about doing donuts in a meadow-well you get the idea.

DOnt fool yourself, thats EXACTLY what they do, they can and will twist everything to fit into thier Kooky agenda.

Ok. Now I hope your kidding. If we did what you suggest, the greenies will have one a victory. One of the coolest things about TT is being able to share ride reports and pics. Don't give in to the bastards! Maybe we should infiltrate their web sites!

I say post away, but just tell everyone that the mountain trails are at Gorman and the desert trails in the pics are at el mirage. Problem solved. Everything else happens in PM's.

Oh, LT, you go first. I'll follow you in.

YZ-fing - that's scarey stuff. Thanks for posting. You made the point exactly about LEO agencies. Don't they have something better to do?

I agree with not giving away too much info, but please, lets not stop doing the great ride reports that come up from time to time. TTer's should use good common sense of course, but let's not be so paranoid that we don't have any fun either.

LT, I saw a Prius with a greenpeace sticker parked across the street from your house eye-ing your truck with bikes in it suspiciously. Maybe a little paranoia would do you good!