Sign in to follow this  

2002 crf 450 looking for possible rebuild kit

i have a 2002 crf 450 that has a rod bearing problem, i am going to have to split the case to replace the crankshaft and rod. i need to know if there is a kit that come's with all the bearings and or seal's/gasket's. if not what should i be replacing?

i was thinking along these line's

oil pump/seal/bearing

countershaft seal/bearing

what else should i be doing to this case since it is apart.

i'v decided to keep it stock and to rebuild it as best i can with oem parts. please let me know your opinion's i need this bike back up by friday for glamis!!!!! thanks -nick

i have the same bike and have the same problem. i'm looking around for parts right now. where should i get the parts?? the guys at the shop think it's the rod . any advice is appreciated. -matt

not to sure man i just tore mine apart yesterday and am still looking, it appears that either bikebandit.com or servicehonda.com are our best bet's let me know if you find something on your bike and we'll talk back and forth maybe we can help each othere a little. where do you live?

i live in the central valley in california. thanks, ya i'll let you know if I find anything. where do you live?