Sign in to follow this  

California Riding Trip Report w/pictures

A few riding buddies from Washington state headed down south to find some relief from the rain & snow and to do some riding in some of the great areas of So. California.

We spent about 6 days down there doing a bunch of riding, but also taking in a WORCS race in Adelanto and the NASCAR event at California Speedway. A kickin' cool time.

Got into the area early Sunday morning (Feb. 18) after driving all night. Didn't want to rest so we showed up at the WORCS race in Adelanto just before the pro start.

Met up with Ricky Dietrich--2006 WORCS champ and ISDE Gold Medalist-originally from the Northwest.

132086102-S.jpg

Unfortunately he crashed hard during the parade lap and didn't make the event. Bummer. Ryan Hughes won the event.

132086299-S.jpg

Next day we started out at Rowher Flat for an afternoon ride after the rains that morning. Although it was a bit mucky, we're used to that kind of riding and had a blast.

132088604-S.jpg

Here's our enclosed trailer.

132088595-S.jpg

Next day we headed to Ridgecrest and rode out to Randsburg.

132088637-S.jpg

132087527-S.jpg

Next day we rode out to the Pinnacles. Really neat formations of calcium thousands of years ago. Bummer part was one rider lost his shift lever and in the process of going back to find it, a rider got rear-ended and a flat tire. So we had to stop and make repairs that cut into some of the riding time. All was good, though, everything got repaired and we still got in 65 miles that day.

132088784-S.jpg

132090100-S.jpg

Next day was staged out of Dove Springs. Cool riding area. Then headed over to Jawbone Canyon. Totally awesome.

132090304-S.jpg

What's up with these Joshua Trees?

132087685-S.jpg

Our Iwo Jima pose

132087752-S.jpg

At the Jawbone Store.

132087820-S.jpg

Went to San Bernadino to the Chapparal store and the next day went to the NASCAR event at California Speedway.

132087830-S.jpg

Got to see the Craftsman Truck race.

132087926-S.jpg

Had to head home after the race. Ran into some snow coming into Weed and then had to chain up heading into Oregon. All in all, it was a great trip.

132087945-S.jpg

All photos are at http://mrudy.smugmug.com/gallery/2515179#132088557

• Like 2

Nice trip,glad you all enjoyed yourself.Thanks for the report,pics and for sharing....

mrudy, I was parked right next to you at Rowher Flats. Wasn't that a great day to ride? Started out in the snow and ended up nice and warm the rest of the day. Sorry I didn't say hey. Was too busy keeping up with my son and his buddy all day. Must have had twenty extra pounds of mud on my KTM 400 that I carried out of there. Glad you had a good time down here in Cali. That week was as good as it gets for weather and riding conditions around these parts.

Thanks for posting your trip....looks like a blast! We were out at Randsburg about three weekends ago right before it rained with a large group camping and riding. We had a awesome time!

mrudy, I was parked right next to you at Rowher Flats. Wasn't that a great day to ride? Started out in the snow and ended up nice and warm the rest of the day. Sorry I didn't say hey. Was too busy keeping up with my son and his buddy all day. Must have had twenty extra pounds of mud on my KTM 400 that I carried out of there. Glad you had a good time down here in Cali. That week was as good as it gets for weather and riding conditions around these parts.

Well that's awesome. Yes, the mud was a big sticky to the bike. I had a bunch fling up from the rear, while going downhill, that landed down my shirt and pants. Oh well.

The conditions during the week were described as epic. Literally no dust whatsoever, nice tacky dirt & the sand was good, too.

There's nothing better than a cool road trip with some cool friends (I'm lucky to have a bro-in-law as a best friend); riding dirt bikes and seeing some great places.