Sign in to follow this  

Enduro Engineering Evolution handguards / stock pro tapers

Will the new Evolution handguards fit the stock pro tapers? I wont have to bend them will I? Im hoping theyll fit correctly without any problems. Thanks for the help!

Hey, most of the hand guards are generic, so you might have to slightly modify the guards (drill new mount holes or bend the frame of the guards) in order to make them work with the stock bars. I ran into this problem with my cycra pro-bend hand guards with the optional u-clamps. Just take your time and make sure you have adiquite clearance for yor cables/wires when you turn the bars from lock to lock. If you cant make them fit well with out heavy mods than they might not be the guards for you.

come on guys, i know more of you have put handguards on your stock protapers. thanks for the help Steel city rocker!

Will the new Evolution handguards fit the stock pro tapers? I wont have to bend them will I? Im hoping theyll fit correctly without any problems. Thanks for the help!

I've put countless bark busters on countless bikes and I always have to tweak something somewhere. It's impossible for the manufacturers to make a generic set that are going to fit perfectly every bar, every time. That's part of using aftermarket parts. Now if Yamaha made a set for the Yamaha bars, I'd expect them to fit perfectly (on a set of Yamaha bars). So tweak away.

I was running bars that were cut to 28 and 1/2 inches (or so) So of course the EE hand guards weren't going to work. I drilled new holes. Later had a nasty, over-the-bars crash and broke the throttle side guard at the mount.

Is that the type of "modifying" you guys are doing to the guards?

I have a '05 CRF250X with proTapers 1 1/8 bars. I got the moose aluminum bars with the moose plastics. I have this exact setup on my '93 XR200R. The bars on the CRF are windham bend, Im not sure of the bend on the XRs bars. The XRs barkbusters/handguards sit even across the top, or with the grip portion of the bars. The CRFs barkbusters want to point down at the inside of the bars, towards the triple. I have tried to move it in every way possible, but still no luck.

Do you think the bend of the bars will effect how the bark busters will mount? Meaning...will the bend make the handguards on my CRF point down, making the guards look like a V when looking from the front?