Sign in to follow this  

anyone in the NW riding an 07' 250 SX-F

I am considering an 07' 250 SX-F and curious if anyone here is riding one. I would be buying this bike to race hare scrambles.

I have rode an 07' 250 XC-F and loved it, but they are tough to come by right now (plenty of XC-FWs but I want the close ratio tranny), so considering the SX-F. Also, the 07' SX-F with new frame, swing arm, and geometry sounds pretty sweet. and it weighs only 216lbs versus 233lbs for the XC-F! just no happy button.

anyway, would like to hear from owners here in the NW, especially anyone that plans to race theirs in harescrambles

I was checking one out last weekend that was set up for supermoto. Sweet looking bike!

Yup, that's really all I have to add to this thread. The guy that owns it will never ride it off-road or race it in a HS and even if he did, his info wouldn't be relevent to Trav- not sure why I bothered to post this crap... I'm such a choad.

-Tyler

At the risk of being flamed by Motown :applause: , if you are considering a 250F MXer then you take a look at blue...aluminum frame, great suspension, bulletproof reliability and only 204lbs! They also have a decent contingency deal.

I know you are a KTM guy but I just had to throw that out there...I couldn't help myself.

At the risk of being flamed by Motown :applause: , if you are considering a 250F MXer then you take a look at blue...aluminum frame, great suspension, bulletproof reliability and only 204lbs! They also have a decent contingency deal.

I know you are a KTM guy but I just had to throw that out there...I couldn't help myself.

I like the blue bikes actually, it was a tough call between my 250 XC and a YZ 250. However, I've rode a YZ-F 250 and 450 and neither corner like the XC-F I rode. supposedly the changes on the 07' SX-F make it handle even better (new frame, swingarm, and geometry).

I like the blue bikes actually, it was a tough call between my 250 XC and a YZ 250. However, I've rode a YZ-F 250 and 450 and neither corner like the XC-F I rode. supposedly the changes on the 07' SX-F make it handle even better (new frame, swingarm, and geometry).

That's good to know as I may be in the market for a new bike this year also...I've never owned a KTM but the 300XC-W has really been calling my name lately.

I have a buddy who rode the ISDE in New Zealand last year and just raves about the KTM 300. He said you can lug it or let it rip! :applause: He also had the 450 but decided the 300 was a better bike for competition. :applause:

TRAV - I see Dirt Cheap John is selling a CRF50R for $100.... you should look at that, I think you will find it more to your liking........ I know the guys racing in your class will give you the thumbs up :applause:

I just picked mine up from hanson ktm. The could problem get you one at a great price. As for the bike compared to my 05 kxf 250 that turns on a dime, the sx turns better. It has a shat load of bottem end and feels just about the same everwhere else. But its all the extra features is want sold me. Hand adjusting fork compression. Easy airfilter access. You know the little things.

I would get the xc. The sx is STIFF( I have chased one through the woods numerous times) and will cost a fair amount of money to make into an offroad weapon. If you must have the four stroke get the xc, more supple suspension, 18 inch rear wheel, wide ratio tranny etc, etc. The sx is fast and out dragged a 06 KTM 300 and a GG300 over and over on a recent outing of ours. The guy I know who owns one is looking for an offroad bike to compliment his track bike, the sx.

Paul B

I am considering an 07' 250 SX-F and curious if anyone here is riding one. I would be buying this bike to race hare scrambles.

I have rode an 07' 250 XC-F and loved it, but they are tough to come by right now (plenty of XC-FWs but I want the close ratio tranny), so considering the SX-F. Also, the 07' SX-F with new frame, swing arm, and geometry sounds pretty sweet. and it weighs only 216lbs versus 233lbs for the XC-F! just no happy button.

anyway, would like to hear from owners here in the NW, especially anyone that plans to race theirs in harescrambles

Hey Trav give me a call and we can chat about the bike...later:thumbsup: