Sign in to follow this  

Preferred gear?

I'm looking to update all of my gear (msr jersey, thor pants, thor quadrant boots, and HJC helmet)

Just looking for suggestions/recommendations etc. I'm not a big fan of my MSR jersey, but everything else is alright.

Also, on goggles, I have pro-grips, but they seem to press to much on my nose making it a PITA to breath out of. Is there a goggle out there that is wider where it seats on your face?

Most people will say Thor or Fox is the best because that's what most people wear. My buddy only wears MSR gear and loves it. I usually just get whats on clearance from the year before in the catalogs. This year for me it was No Fear. I had some old Fly gear but the pants are way too tight around the thighs so I only wore it once, but I really liked the looks of it. Thor is really comfortable tho and as far as goggles I think Scott's are probably the type of goggle you're looking for. I'm sure someone you know has a pair so you could give them a try. I have Spy, Oakley and Scott and they are all comfortable.

Thor 05 core set.

Nex fox blitz kersy

One Kombat helmet (black camo)

thor quadrent boots

phase gloves 05

dirtpaw gloves 07

old hjc

fox googles

hc fox jersy

01 supercross jersy (HAHA)

all by myself

i have a

fly jersey-$25.00

fly pants-$35.00

fox coolmax socks-$14.00

evs revo 4-$20.00

sidi flex force boots-$210.00

Thor gloves-$20.00

thor helmet-$100.00

spy alloy goggles-$60.00

i love it all. i have tog et new gloves though.

I use Thor core 06, Astar boots (tech6), ACX3-option, Scott No sweat xi goggles. I had a problem that sounds much like you with the goggles and I trimmed the foam in the nose area and it is much much better. Trim just a little a time and check with helmet on.

:applause: :applause:

i have TLD 06 se got it on sale, HJC helmet, oniel boots, and scott goggles but the 4 layer face foam is a little close to my eyes and last ride it rubbed the skin on the side of my eyes raw, so next ride I will wear my smith goggles with the softer foam.

my local dealer has all last yrs Thor and Fox stuff at 50% off. They will ship it too, call and talk to Mitch in parts. They are Edge Motorsports 218-739-7569

I personally like shift gear

oh and get the best boots you can afford, i think Gaerne SG10 boots are the best.

I'm looking to update all of my gear (msr jersey, thor pants, thor quadrant boots, and HJC helmet)

Just looking for suggestions/recommendations etc. I'm not a big fan of my MSR jersey, but everything else is alright.

Also, on goggles, I have pro-grips, but they seem to press to much on my nose making it a PITA to breath out of. Is there a goggle out there that is wider where it seats on your face?

HJC helmets are very heavy. Troy Lee has good quality gear, a little pricey, :applause: but you get what you pay for. Also they do have typical colors, you don't have to have the crazy colors. Areally good cheap boot is the Fox offroad tracker. A good goggle, with a wide view is Spy anything except targa, I also like the oakley crowbar.

Ran by a few dealerships today, most of them have a bunch of 2 different items, so not a lot of variety:(

I use 06 No Fear elektron , 07 TLD SE helment and 06 a-stars tech 8's (spend the money and get high end boots, trust me) and spy goggles. I love all of my stuff, but I did just get a set of 07 fly 805 gear today, and I must say the stuff is sick, would highly recomend it and it is pretty cheap to boot. I'm also still working on my parents to get me the Leatt brace.

IMO Fox gear is junk. i will never buy anything from them again. i buy whats on sale, i am out there to have fun, not look cool.