Sign in to follow this  

Twin Air

Ok guys in selling my Twin Air Power Flow kit for 120.00 it comes with 3 twin air power filters and the cage. IF the price is to much shoot an offer and i think about it.

Thanks Guys

Precision Concepts told me that it lets a lot of dirt pass though it thus leading to a brand new top end in my bike.(what a bummer 800.00) so i asked them what to run and they said stock with the backfire screen and all.And BTW my bike had 2600 miles on it and i changed the oil every 200 miles and the air filter every ride/race.

Did they say what the issue was??

Is it the cage assembly that was ill fitting?

Or the filter?

They said that the filter itself passed much more dirt than a stocker.And i told them that i grease the lip to insure that no dirt got by, but the dirt just ended up passing though the filter anyway.

And the rebuild was fine going to go and pick it up tomorrow(Thursday)and ready to race on Sunday. And to top it all off my seat flew off on the freeway going to Precision Concepts. But they where so kind enough to pull one of the race bike for me, So maybe that will make as fast as Robby Bell or Johnny Campbell for my Sunday race.LOL

Thanks PC:thumbsup: :applause: :applause: :lol:

Precision Concepts told me that it lets a lot of dirt pass though it thus leading to a brand new top end in my bike.(what a bummer 800.00) so i asked them what to run and they said stock with the backfire screen and all.And BTW my bike had 2600 miles on it and i changed the oil every 200 miles and the air filter every ride/race.

Your not much of a sales man.... Put your stuff up for sale then say it sucks.... At least your honest and not a snake oil guy.

I'm not so sure that I would be so quick to blame your twin-air air filter. I think alot of folks are running them without any issues. I'd be more inclined to look at your air filter oil, how much you are applying to your filter, or perhaps even the brand. Any air filter that is has not been oiled, has been under-oiled or otherwise been oiled improperly is a candidate for passing dirt/dust into your intake.

One thing I learned about TwinAir is that the Non-Bio cleaner and oil has to be done exactly right or the oil will run and won't get tacky at all allowing silty crap to get sucked through. I'm using the Bio cleaner and oil now and it is much easier and better. JM02.

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Tucker_Rocky_Offroad_2006/default.asp?p=510&s=2

I ran my twin air all last year in alot of dusty desert races in Utah. Sometimes I couldn't see 10 feet in front of me for miles. I used seal grease and bio-oil. I did have to adjust my exaust valves around .004" over this winter, but I suspect thats normal after a racing season. I make sure the filter is dry overnight, and I let the oil dry after applying it to the filter. I used No-Toil filter grease. Even with a stock filter, make sure you follow the procedures, and don't let dirt get forward of the filter when removing it.

I'm not so sure that I would be so quick to blame your twin-air air filter. I think alot of folks are running them without any issues. I'd be more inclined to look at your air filter oil, how much you are applying to your filter, or perhaps even the brand. Any air filter that is has not been oiled, has been under-oiled or otherwise been oiled improperly is a candidate for passing dirt/dust into your intake.

The brand i use is Maxima FFT and when I oil the filter I squeeze it out not ring it out. How about you guys tell me some of your procedures so maybe i can improve mine.HAHA

Now Precision has me running No-toil oil and Bio-cleaner and just got my bike back tonight and just cleaned the air filters they gave me and so far I'm impressed at the No-Toil stuff they gave me.

Thanks Guys

...Now Precision has me running No-toil oil and Bio-cleaner and just got my bike back tonight and just cleaned the air filters they gave me and so far I'm impressed at the No-Toil stuff they gave me.

Thanks Guys

No-Toil ROCKS... it's all I use.

... just don't run out of cleaner. Especially when you hands are all oiled up. :applause:

... just don't run out of cleaner. Especially when you hands are all oiled up. :applause:

sounds like you're speaking from experiance?

:lol:

Also make sure that you oil your filter right before you ride... I got ini the habit of doing maintenence on my bikes after the trip and putting them away, then I could pull them right out for the next trip.

But if the next trip is 2-3 weeks or nore away, the filter would get dry.:applause:

Oil 'em just before you ride.

No-Toil ROCKS... it's all I use.

I just use rubber gloves and than i just pull them right off when im done.

And i do oil them the day before the ride.

I have 3 of them. Once they are oiled up and dried overnight, I put them in plastic bags to keep them from drying out more. On two day or more trips, I put a fresh one on each morning (with disposable gloves). They keep quite a while in the bags.

The brand i use is Maxima FFT and when I oil the filter I squeeze it out not ring it out. How about you guys tell me some of your procedures so maybe i can improve mine.HAHA

Now Precision has me running No-toil oil and Bio-cleaner and just got my bike back tonight and just cleaned the air filters they gave me and so far I'm impressed at the No-Toil stuff they gave me.

Thanks Guys

Let me start by saying that I'm not a twin-air salesman, nor am I sponsored by them. For that matter, I don't expect I'd ever be sponsored by them. :applause: Now with that said, I've been running twin air systems in my bikes for years and have never had any issues passing dirt or dust. I'm normally not in terribly dusty conditions, but there have been more than a few occasions that have been pretty bad, particularly when I'm towards the back of the pack eating everyone elses dust. On these types of rides, my air filter is an absolute filthy mess, but my intake is always spotless. I use the standard petroleum-based, twin-air air filter oil and filter cleaner. I can't attest to the biodegradable oils as I've never used them.

With the petroleum based twin-air air filter oil, you do not want to oil your filter and then ride immediately thereafter, as the alcohol in the oil needs time to evaporate and leave a thick, sticky oil on your filter. I tend to let my filter(s) sit for 24 hours after oiling. You should at least let your filter sit for a few hours, if not overnight before riding with it.

If you're not applying enough oil, or if you are squeezing too much out, you have a better chance of passing dust / dirt as the ride goes on and as your under-oiled filter gets dirtier and dirtier and loses its ability to grab those little dust particles with sticky oil.

Then of course, you can over-oil your filter and start running too rich because the filter is not letting enough air pass. Somewhere in the middle is where you want to be. I tend to go a little heavier with the oil, as opposed to too little, particularly if it's very dry and dusty.

• Like 1

i use bel-ray air filter oil...i always rub it in real good after using the air filter grease remover. it does a fine job and there is never a speck of sand behind the air filter! it's so thick that i can't even take the stuff off my hands. i also ride in the finest siltiest sand!!!:applause: