Sign in to follow this  

New 2006 WR250, what to do 1st?

I haven't even ridden it yet. Is there anything that I'll have to do to it to unlock it's full potential? A friend of mine said that there is some governor screw that needs removed but the Yamaha mechanic (crusty old guy that doesn't know his head from his ass) says not true.

Mods for the 2006. Do a search for the throttle stop mod, airbox mods, grey wire mod in this forum. Also ARin did a good tutorial on jetting your carb, which you will need to do when you do the mods or check 2006 Yamaha WR 450f Performance Mods they have lots of info. After these mods your bike will wake up. Also use the ais kit from tt store its better. Good luck.

I haven't even ridden it yet. Is there anything that I'll have to do to it to unlock it's full potential? A friend of mine said that there is some governor screw that needs removed but the Yamaha mechanic (crusty old guy that doesn't know his head from his ass) says not true.

Cut throttle stop to YZ length or buy one, remove airbox snorkle, disconnect grey wire, remove baffle in exhaust or buy a slip on,order JD Jetting kit.:applause:

Does it have the emissions BS like the Throttle scew? If it does theres a srew in the Carb and u have to take it out cut 10mm of it and put it back. Full trottle.

if you get the GYTR ais removal kit it comes with step by step instructions on all of the mods mentioned above plus what you need to remove the AIS junk. its one stop shopping to wake up the WR.

Where do I get this GYTR kit?

yami dealer, I think tt has one also, about 50 bucks to turn a pos bike into a nice machine, also fool around with the leak jet try a 40.