Sign in to follow this  

Elkins Flat conditions;PERFECT potting soil loam!

:applause: OK somewhere under that mess of white there is some beautiful stuff,but I've got about 2 1/2 feet at my house at 4100' or so so imagine how buried it is on the higher routes!Wish I could've made it out 1 1/2 weeks ago when it was near perfect!Should be nice after the meltdown,probably have dust after a week or two!:applause:

Ok, meet you at the cabin, 9 AM Sunday, I'll bring a snow shovel.

:lol::cry: :cry: I was up there a couple of weeks ago and it was great. Two years in a row I've managed to get in rides in excellent conditions in February. :applause:

Probably gonna be buried for at least a couple of months now though. :applause:

:lol: Snow we can ride in. You'll get even better traction in the deeper stuff.

It's the ICE you gotta be careful of. :cry:

Dave, tell us a story about ice! :applause:

After driving the 3.5 hours to Clear Creek I was thinking.......... "sure it was nice & big, but nicer than 90 minutes to the cabin?" I had to fill up once down and once more on the way back. $80 bucks just in gas. Ugh!

I think we've got it pretty good here in Sacramento. :applause:

All I had to do was read the title and I started to either twitch or shiver, I'm not sure which. :applause:

I imagine our place at Emigrant Gap is well buried too. We usually get over 5 feet during March. We'll see.

I understand PC is nice this time of year - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH :applause:

Dave

ps: I think I could do a better snow-plow immitation in two feet of snow, if the bike would move at all.

Ok, meet you at the cabin, 9 AM Sunday, I'll bring a snow shovel.

:applause: Or chain up that HP2,it could blast a nice route!Speaking of snow shovels,thats what I get to do with a big part of my day today,finish digging out!:lol::applause:

:eek: Snow we can ride in. You'll get even better traction in the deeper stuff.

It's the ICE you gotta be careful of. :naughty:

Dave, tell us a story about ice! :lol:

After driving the 3.5 hours to Clear Creek I was thinking.......... "sure it was nice & big, but nicer than 90 minutes to the cabin?" I had to fill up once down and once more on the way back. $80 bucks just in gas. Ugh!

I think we've got it pretty good here in Sacramento. :applause:

We went riding to pi pi a month ago during the cold spell. I saw so much ice I don't even order ice in my drinks anymore, it was that bad. :lol:

These folks in Switzerland know how to do ICE. I was sent these in an email. Just Damn!

cid_004d01kathy.jpg

cid_004c01kathy.jpg

How hard does it have to blow to do this?

cid_005101kathy.jpg

Where do you start? When do you start? How? :applause:

cid_005301kathy.jpg

Elkins doesn't seem so bad by comparison but I still don't want to ride it again til it's thawed out.

Dave