Sign in to follow this  

high output stator..????

The only stator capable of running these that I am aware of is the Electrex, That said Electrex has piss poor reliability. I have one that I took off because it constantly blew my fuses. prior to that the electric start didn't work with the 1st one I had. Now i run a rewound trail tech with about 100 watts. If you do a single HID you have enough.

You could actually run a dual set-up as hid draw about 35 watts each for the trail tech or baja set-up but you would need your stator rewound as stated above. What most people dont understand is how much weight that puts on the front of your bike. Im headed towards a single 8" hid and have already hooked up my hid helmet lights and man are they bright:applause: Trail tech does a great job on building a great light so i would say give them a call and let them hook you up. Hope my input helps you out :applause:

you can do it yourself or two firms that do fantastic jobs:

Not hard.....

Trail Tech

Baja Designs

I have Trail Tech's HID helmet lights (HID) and they did a stator rewind on my CRF-x to about 120 +....superb, speedy work. I run a Baja Designs H4 based headlight with the HIDs for night events....nice and bright!!

:applause:

HR

:applause:

:lol:

currently run these lights on my 07' 450 xc combined with a helmet light system from nite rider. i have about $1,500 in my offroad lights at the moment. send your stator to baja designs to get rewound and get a regulator from them. this will cost you about $150. personally i have had problems with others electrical components. i won't give names. trail tech and baja designs will run you $500 to $1000 for hid but they are better,brighter and weight next to nothing. It all depends on how much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ you want to spend.