Sign in to follow this  

Better Deal

Thinking of trading my 04 450r quad for either an 05 crf250 thats pretty much stock + $500, or an 04 rm-z250 with graphics, exhaust, excel wheels, handlebars, and some other stuff? Can't decide on which one i should get if any. Had a few offers for crf450's but i think i'd the like 250 better since i ride alot of trails. I'm 6'1 190 lbs.

I'd definitely go with the CRF. It's newer, and was a much better bike in terms of both performance and reliability....

If you go with the CRF, you will have a little money to make it the way you want it, versus the rmz that already has all that stuff on it , which some of it you may not like and end up changing anyway

Do you think the 250f wouldn't be enough for me? I figured the 450 would be a little hard to handle in the woods, i just assumed the 250 would have plenty of power. The only other bike i've owned was a cr250.

if you are a bigger person you might wanna get the 450 becuase there is always more power if you need it. But if you are riding tight woods and stuff i think the 250f would be better.

Althought the RMZ has had valve problems in 04 and 05 they are getting alot better. They are supposed to be good this year. The hondas have been running good now that they have there frame problem fixed. Its pretty much up to you. I always have liked buying stock bikes becuase i know what has been done to them when i buy parts for them and stuff.

Well the rmz is set up the way i want it already. I'm just not much of a honda guy anymore even though i have a 450r. And my 450r has alot of mods so i don't want to loose to much on a trade?