Sign in to follow this  

fcr installed....

...and im a happy camper.

so i joined the bandwagon,

the mods:

-yosh rs-3 (full)

-3x3

-FCR-MX

i had the CVK40 before and i thought THAT was a nice carb....but the FCR is leaps and bounds better than either other carb. i jetted it following eddie's request at 2000ft elev and it cranked up and idled perfec on the 1st try.

i did however notice ill need to make a slight adjustment to the accel pump. i have it at about just over 1/2 second but theres still a slight bog after the throttle is snapped open. dunno which direction i need to go with it. ill tinker later on.

i also noticed a little bit of fuel coming from the bowl drain opening when the bike was idling when cold. after i rode it around it didnt leak nor did it leak sitting still after a ride. so i dunno, maybe a lil bit of float bowm adjustment will be necessary.

ps- the carb is from a YZ426F got it for $200. so anyone else who might be interested, i think its a good carb to look for. i had NO fitment issues with it at all. ill post pics up later.

:applause: :applause:

Congratulations, getting the FCR is definetly a milestone on the performance mod trail. Can't wait to have my bike up and running again.... if it weren't for the great snowboarding weather I'd be going crazy. :applause:

cool. ill try to dial it in tomorrow morning.

any procedure on checking and setting float bowl level?

ps- Eddie, thanks again for all your perfect help. i dont think many people on here really know about your expertise on the DRZ's. :applause:

well, no drippage anymore from the bowl drain opening. im gonna keep an eye on it though and see. could have been from the install and some extra gas that was in there.