Sign in to follow this  

places to ride near denver or leadville.......?

well, were looking at this house in leadville, so i was wondering what riding areas are around there, and are there any from denver. if so how far away would you guesstimate?

well, were looking at this house in leadville, so i was wondering what riding areas are around there, and are there any from denver. if so how far away would you guesstimate?

Well what do you mean by "areas" ?

There are a lot of riding areas around Colorado, unlike the east coast, most of our state is National Forest or BLM land (not privately owned) I can't speak for leadville. The problem with CO is that most of the "good stuff" is under the "white Stuff" a good portion of the year.

But we have several tracks *near* Denver if that is your fancy. We have over 100 miles of multiple use trail (read quad trail) within and hour of most parts of Denver, and add another 80+ miles worth another 40 minutes south of that. Old mining trails 30 minutes west of town in the mountains. And about a gazillion other areas to ride if you are willing to drive a ways. From Denver you can be in Moab Utah in around 5 hours as well.

Perhaps you could narrow it down a bit. Yes, there are riding areas in Denver, and Leadville. The geography is puzzling though. Are you considering Leadville for a riding destination? I would not call Leadville a riding destination (There is riding there) I did the Leadville Trail 100 last year. What an awesome ride. Or did you mean motorcycling?

Regards,

TJ

well, were looking at houses in leadville, but will be making a trip to denver every once and a while. i thought i had heard of a couple track near denver, and some trails near leadville? also looking at our own land so i might make my own small track.

well, were looking at houses in leadville, but will be making a trip to denver every once and a while. i thought i had heard of a couple track near denver, and some trails near leadville? also looking at our own land so i might make my own small track.

There is some good riding in Leadville. Nothing I would call spectacular though. I would recommend having two bikes. One for Leadville Elevation 10,200' and one for Denver elevation 5280' if you do not want to re-jet your bike for every trip to Denver (unrealistic I know). You will get real good a jetting if you want your bike to run good.

Regards,

TJ

yea, i thought about that. the rejetting wouldnt be too bad, 10 minutes and id be fine as long as i had a main jet. only problem is i wouldnt be able to see how it works at each height until i got there. anyways, thanks guys, ill check them all out.