Sign in to follow this  

Ready Racing Rapid Response????

In the 2007 April issue of Dirt Rider I see an advertisement for this device. Appears to modify the accelerator cam on Keihin carbs. $100. www.readyracing.com. I can't see that it does anything unique. What technical detail am I missing? Or will I just be missing $100?

check out redbeard's Ap mod...does exactly the same thing... check out the crf250f forum...it's a sticky..then click on the first website that baron von beard list's.....and his Ap mod will run u about 20$

Gents:

Thanks for the reply. My wallet and my 610E Husky say thanks too!

FYI. The Redbeard AP writeup was in the CRF450 area. Took some looking. It and the accompanied commentary and references should be required reading for all FCR carb owners. (A sticky??) Thanks

My view, Redbeard's wire trick was an interesting discovery, not wanting to take away from what he learned & shared but it lead to the "why don't we do this with an Oring" (not shure whos idea that was, JD picked up on it and shared it with me)

My view of wiring the two arms together is that this is to offset too big of a leak jet! IF the leak jet is small enough to maintain good fuel pressure in the pump circut and you go to that "wired or fixed arm" sinerio there will be a dealy in your ability to open the throttle which is the reasone for the Oring, so you can keep a smaller leak jet, have high pressure in the pump and still open the throttle without huge arm pump pressure (its your arm that makes the fuel pressure in the AC pump)

that is why i use the o-ring.most of the time i can keep the stock leak jets.

i dont think any one can take credit for the discovery.it has been around for while before it became popular here.

i use to keep it as one of my tricks.

Wiring the AP has been around a long time. There are a couple of ways to it as well as the oring method. I do not see a lot of bang for the buck with this Ready product as well as any of the other products such as power now or quickshots. I have tried all of them and the best bang for the buck is the FCR Carb mod service done by ZipTy Racing. For 100.00 you get all the results of all of these products and a correctly wired AP pump, correct duration squirt, a complete cleaned and tuned carb, as well as a emulsion tube and ZipTys secret carb tricks. All bikes with FCRs will have more power more HP and unbelieveable throttle response.....after this service....it is a night a day difference.