Sign in to follow this  

Cal City to theHusky Monument

Never been to the Husky Monument before, and think Saturday is a good day to go find it. We plan on staging at Cal City, then going to Randsburg, Jobug for gas (some int he group have small tanks), on to the Husky, back to Joburg for more gas, Randsburg for chow, and back to the start.

After reading all the recent posts here about closures of trails into Randsburg and what seems to be general unrest in the area, I thought I would post up and ask a few specific questions:

1) Are there areas we should avoid?

2) Once at Randsburg, I have read that there is one "legal" route to Joburg...what is it?

3) Any concerns about leaving Joburg? Specific directions, routes, etc to not piss off the locals?

3) Anyone have a guess about round trip distance?

4) Anything else we shoudl know

5) Fianlly, anyone want to join us or "tour guide"?

It looks like the group will be my 15 year old son and I, a couple of guys from work, and their kids. I'm the slowest of the bunch and am, in my opinion, pretty damn slow.

Thanks for any tips and advice!

Birdie

i might roll out that way early saturday morning. Show up in calcity around 6 or 7 am on saturday then probably leave around 3 or 4. i go out by the water tank by randsburg road near silver saddle. If you see a stepside chevy sittin on the side of the road, you know its mine.

I'm tempted, but have a dinner party Friday and might be home late.

Palmdalerider-

A couple of the tribe will be coming from Tehachapi, so we will probably push off kinda late...

I hate it when work gets in the way of life...anyone that may have been planning on joining us, we will be doing it next Saturday, instead.

I hate it when work gets in the way of life...anyone that may have been planning on joining us, we will be doing it next Saturday, instead.

Count me in.

Sat the 10th....

9/80 Friday, and my bike will be back together.

I have done that ride/area a few times.

I will keep my eyes on this thread to see if you go next Sat.

My son is 14 and will be coming along. YZ250F and YZ125.

Man it looks like there are gonna be several groups from TT at Husky this weekend... I'm thinking about taking the truck out there and just watching all you guys roll in... LOL