Sign in to follow this  

Progressive Suspension XR-200 rear shock

Does anybody have experience with this shock? It sells for around $400 and has rebound damping adjust. Is it any better than the stock unit?

John

Does anybody have experience with this shock? It sells for around $400 and has rebound damping adjust. Is it any better than the stock unit?

John

A girl on this form, hondachick, got one some time this winter. Here's the thread:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447331&highlight=progressive+xr200

As for it being better than the stock one, yes. Very much so. It's probably better than the pre-1991 shocks too.

"O"

I had them on my 86 xr250 ( front & rear ) I thought they were very good in the woods and the "rough stuff"!

I finally installed it two nights ago. Looks purdy! The shock does not come with much literature on adjusting it. I know the spring can be adjusted, but does it have like nitrogen adjustment for the shock?

There is a bottom bumper and it is close to the shock. It almost bottoms out just by sitting on the bike. Is that normal? I can take pics I just need help posting them.

I finally installed it two nights ago. Looks purdy! The shock does not come with much literature on adjusting it. I know the spring can be adjusted, but does it have like nitrogen adjustment for the shock?

There is a bottom bumper and it is close to the shock. It almost bottoms out just by sitting on the bike. Is that normal? I can take pics I just need help posting them.

Go here and register. It's the easiest I've ever used. ===>http://photobucket.com/

Or if you're too lazy pm me, I'll give you my email addy, you can send them to me and I'll post them for you.

The shock comes pre charged at 150(psi I belive). Once the the bike is ridden and has a couple good ruts/bumps/jumps the bumper seats itself. Unfourtunatly I still haven't rode it. I sold my cruiser. I am going to use the xr200 in place of that. Probably nothing much more than cow trailing this year being four months pregnant.

I watched while the headlight and taillight was put on. The light is really nice.