Sign in to follow this  

2006 or 2007

I need help. I'm running low on my race funds this year and was wondering about the 06 and 07's. I can get an 06 brand new for $4500.00 never been rode nothin just a left over. Or I can get an 07 for $5699.00. I'm low on money and race season starts in about 2 or 3 weeks. Would the 06 be just fine or is the 07 really that much better. PLEASE HELP!

If you are low on money an 06 will be perfect, I have zero problems w/ mine. From some things I have been hearing, the 07 honda has suble changes that make it an overall better bike, Different cyl head porting, new header, new cam, diff. carb linkage, new front tire, dif. suspension valving etc., but honda has put a big chunk of its R&D money in the 07crf150r, which leaves the rest of their bikes w/out bigger changes

only differences are the head, cam, fork valving, and carb.

Carb mod can be done for free to make it better than the 07, and the head and cam are only good for about a horsepower. Get the 06.

+1. The 06 is a no brainer for that price. Grab an 05 carb on Ebay and you will love your life:ride: