Sign in to follow this  

JD Kit with the blue needle!!!!!!!

Hey guys: I myself and others using this cool JD kit are using the red needle.

But last week end at Stonyford the bike was runing lean in the low/mid. So i called JD and she said to try the blue needle at 3rd possition.

So i made the swicth and fired it up adjusted the pilot screw out 1 3/4 and now i need to ride it.

Have you guys tryed the blue needle.......................

I dont want to use the 48 pilot yet..........................

Any ways thanks for your inputs...........................

the kit says that if you ride under 50 degrees, to use the blue one. was it under 50F?

-no i have not tried the blue, since i live in a hot climate. my bike loves the jetting. i can leave the bike alone for weeks and one push of the e start alone gets it started--no choke or throttle twists! nice and crisp!

the kit says that if you ride under 50 degrees, to use the blue one. was it under 50F?

-no i have not tried the blue, since i live in a hot climate. my bike loves the jetting. i can leave the bike alone for weeks and one push of the e start alone gets it started--no choke or throttle twists! nice and crisp!

Thats awesome i love the fact that this has only ben the only problem on this bike, but im sure that its me the prob........

It runs like a bat out hell, i just keep thinking its lean....

Ive tried full screw adjustments for decel popin and boging, im very close to perfict now once i check how it runs with the blue needle.

Summer time back to red.

Have you pulled the plug to read it's condition?

I am interested with what you find.

You can also richen the needle by dropping it a clip position as well.

AgentSmith Bud: I did read the plug as it look a touch lean and i moved the clip position to the 5th spot, which it did help a bit. So then that lead me to beleave its a little lean, but not that bad im just being fussy and like to tinker with the bike.

Its funny at Clear Creek it runs boarder line of lean, and then at Stonyford it runs more lean, so if i could get in between that would be good

I never had a bike jeting so sensitive.

That JD Kit realy works, i mean its so much cleaner runing then using the stock needle, im very surprised.

That JD Kit realy works, i mean its so much cleaner runing then using the stock needle, im very surprised.

We TOLD ya Skeeter. :applause:

What did your plug look like anyway ? Doug

Ok i started the bike cold today and it starts much better, pull the choke and hit the E-start fired right up, then turn the the choke off after 5 seconds and she idled perf. Now only if it rides the same or better i would be happer....

Hey guys: I myself and others using this cool JD kit are using the red needle.

But last week end at Stonyford the bike was runing lean in the low/mid. So i called JD and she said to try the blue needle at 3rd possition.

So i made the swicth and fired it up adjusted the pilot screw out 1 3/4 and now i need to ride it.

Have you guys tryed the blue needle.......................

I dont want to use the 48 pilot yet..........................

Any ways thanks for your inputs...........................

I rode Stony a few weeks ago with this setup:

170main,45pilot,JDAP mod,Red in #1 ,airbox hacked up, Twinair Powerflow, Akrapovic exhaust.

I had to richen the fuel screw at the Little Stony camp and it ran a little rough until we got to the top then it ran great.

Since then I went to Red#3 and 2 turns out and it ran like a naked ape at the QS National and that was COLD!!!!!!! Elevations are similar as well. I'm staying at #3 for now.:applause:

I rode Stony a few weeks ago with this setup:

170main,45pilot,JDAP mod,Red in #1 ,airbox hacked up, Twinair Powerflow, Akrapovic exhaust.

I had to richen the fuel screw at the Little Stony camp and it ran a little rough until we got to the top then it ran great.

Since then I went to Red#3 and 2 turns out and it ran like a naked ape at the QS National and that was COLD!!!!!!! Elevations are similar as well. I'm staying at #3 for now.:applause:

That sounds good, but ive done the red at 3rd-4th and 5th, now im at a 45 pilot, 165 main, blue needle at 3rd clip, power now, air box mods top and sides, pink wire, cap off smog, twin air, and procircuit end pipe..............

Your right they do run like a naked ape.....Im woundering if that power now is causing me the mixed setups.

We should be at Stonyford this Sunday, Davis Flats staging, some friends are camping there, but 3 of us are rideing up in the morrning.

That sounds good, but ive done the red at 3rd-4th and 5th, now im at a 45 pilot, 165 main, blue needle at 3rd clip, power now, air box mods top and sides, pink wire, cap off smog, twin air, and procircuit end pipe..............

Your right they do run like a naked ape.....Im woundering if that power now is causing me the mixed setups.

I forgot to mention I have Powernow and Plus in mine as well.

Racing the Old Crow HS at Carnegie Sunday.