Sign in to follow this  

Help please on a 250yzf

I just bought a 03 250yzf and notice that my exhaust pipe get hot red around the bend coming from the engine in only about 3-4 min that I am standing idling , I was told that is common in the yamahas and I was wondering if that is true? the bike rides good and all..but if I stop for 3 or so you can relly see it getting red glow , especially in the dark, Please any info would be appreaciated. Thank you.

you shouldnt let your bike idle for 4 minutes! you are overheating your bike! Not like ive already told you 5 times...

DUDE &%$#@!. I told you in the chatroom that you shouldnt let your bike idle for 4 minutes! you are overheating your bike! Not like ive already told you 5 times...

Oh yea that too...doesnt coolant only run through when the throttle is opened?

Oh yea that too...doesnt coolant only run through when the throttle is opened?

no... coolant is always flowing... its just not getting cooled. When you are moving, air is flowing through your radiators, cooling the coolant.

I say to warm up a stock bike for 3 minutes, but I hotcams on my honda, in which I let warm up for 5---My friends bike used to do that as well, but then it stopped?? most likely nothing you should worry about.

I say to warm up a stock bike for 3 minutes, but I hotcams on my honda, in which I let warm up for 5---My friends bike used to do that as well, but then it stopped?? most likely nothing you should worry about.

Warming up means starting the bike, let it idle for a minute and then ride around slowly for 2-3 minutes until the bike reaches running temps. The ride it hard. Not start the bike get off and get your gear on then ride...

It's getting pretty tiring listening to all the bone heads who can't simply read the post stating "read before you post." I think that the moderator needs to step in here, i read the red hot exhaust pipe thread about twice a week. READ BEFORE YOU POST EVERYBODY!!!