Sign in to follow this  

Should I buy another drz...

I have the option of getting a 2000 drz400E for $2000. As of now, it doesnt start, and the owner claims that it ran fine in the fall, but might not start now because of the cold.

Heres the catch though. The drz has SM wheels. They are the Hooligan Mod wheels, (from a suzuki gs500), but it has good wheels, tires, brakes, etc. It also comes with dirt wheels.

So should I buy this bike, fix it, sell it, and keep the SM wheels, and try to break even? Are the hooligan mod wheels worth it? Just like SM wheels?

THat's a good deal. You could easily make your money off of that bike. Part it out and you'd come out in the green no problem.

I'd say it's worth WAY more than $2k parted out. Close to a grand for the SM tires/wheels, a couple hundred for the dirt tires/wheels, and...by chance does it have an FCR and Yosh exhaust? If you can load pics on eBay, you'll likely make money on this one.

Is it street legal? If so a street legal E frame goes for a pretty buck too...

For the rest is really depends of what shape it is in.

looks like ill take a look at it than. Thanks!

How are those GS 500 wheels though? are they the same width as regular sm wheels?

if you have the time, fix it, sell it and buy the exc525. thats going to be the next trick dual sport i buy. But like said earlyer, youl be in the green if you fix it and sell it.

if you have the time, fix it, sell it and buy the exc525. thats going to be the next trick dual sport i buy. But like said earlyer, youl be in the green if you fix it and sell it.
That 525 is off the hook!! Anyway, I'd say buy it.... ride it and sell it. You'll come out fine.

What kind of DRZ do you have already? Are you getting the same thing. If you can make it work and turn it around quick you can probably make a little money.

If you have the same one and want another bike, I would actually pass on this one and save for the bike you want.

I have flipped many cars and trucks and it can make you money but with spring coming and prime riding weather a few months away you can make money moving quick on it and flipping it.

yeah tell em you not interested and say maybe if it was going you might look at it.

my bet is he will drop his price and you will say "well i will do you a favour and take it agaisnt my better judgement" he then thinks yr an ok guy and alls well :-)