Sign in to follow this  

accelerator pump adjustment (sm 610)

I was trying to get a bit more umph off idle,so i looked at my accelerator pump,after reading the article in cycleworld magazine news about the te 450 problem.the 610 had no cap on it,can anyone help me with this situation ? it dosn't run, bad but i think it should be a bit more crisp,right off idle.the fuel screw is ok.

Try a 42 or 45 pilot jet and one step down on the needle (richer). Leave the A/P as is for now.

I've rejetted with a JD kit and took dukepilots advice on jets. I also installed the little o-ring around the AP screw but left it in the stock position. I have the Leo Vince full exhaust too. All this really improved the throttle response and power.

Dave

Is there a discussion somewhere on this O-ring trick on the AP? I have all the Redbeard discussion & documents, but the O-ring trick sounds even easier.

COFFEE:

Thanks for the great picture. I finally did find the ID/OD of the appropriate O-ring. I also ran across some commentary that this was a crutch for an improperly sized leak jet...but it only shows there are multiple ways to skin a cat. Besides...where the hell do you find leak jets other than SUDCO? I've dealt with them before...NOT a pleasant experience!!

Watch this:

Then imagine an o-ring tying the linkages together - esp with the 35 leak jet.

Edit - All the info I have given is regarding a Keihin FCR-MX - is that is what is on the 610?

Is there a discussion somewhere on this O-ring trick on the AP? I have all the Redbeard discussion & documents, but the O-ring trick sounds even easier.

If you go to the KTM section, then the section for the RFS engine bikes such as 450EXC etc (seperate from SXF) there is a FAQ section, read "carb setup 101", then "AC pump 101".

Husky is same carb as a KTM except has the 41mm rather then the 39, has a hole for a leak jet (most models have a plug) and typically come with too big of pilot jet and too lean of needle. Otherwise its the same