Sign in to follow this  

What bike?

I am 16 and I've been a quad rider for several years, and after I rode my friends rm250, I don't think I'll ever go back.:applause: My question is this: Will a 125 be adaquet? or should I go a 250? And what about an enduro bike like a KDX220?

I definatly want a 2 stroke, because they are cheap:bonk:. I ride open trails an tracks, but I' not going to race for any time soon. I'm 16, 5'9" and weigh 120. I need to keep up with a 400 quad, and I need to have somethin can jump easily.

Oh, and right now I only have about $1700 to spend:cry:

any suggestions at all are wanted. thanks:thumbsup:

how much experience do u have with a bike....i wouldn't suggest to go to a 250...but how do u like ur friends 250....to tell u the truth a Yz 125 will make a great starting bike for you....i would suggest the 125...but if u say that u have ridden a rm250...and u think u can handle it...then yea i guess get the 250...but i would get the suspension set up for ur weight...or else that bike will kick u around

125 2 stroke sounds perfect for you. You can get a nice yz for 1700. Check craigslist, local paper and cycle trader

those are sick bikes and are in my price range! you guys don't think I'll feel power shy? that is my current problem with my quad. I'll be modding up the 125 (full exhaust, filter, etc...), so you think I'll feel power shy?

thanks a lot.

those are sick bikes and are in my price range! you guys don't think I'll feel power shy? that is my current problem with my quad. I'll be modding up the 125 (full exhaust, filter, etc...), so you think I'll feel power shy?

thanks a lot.

You won't have any problem keeping up with (because you'll be walking away from) your buddy's quad on a 125!:applause:

• Like 1

which do u ride more?

you can hook up with a yz125 but if u do alot of woods u should def get tha kdx

which do u ride more?

you can hook up with a yz125 but if u do alot of woods u should def get tha kdx

I ride really open trails and I ride the track pretty often, and I want to be able to jump well. I want something light, but still really fast. :applause:

in that case i say go with the yz125, u can find alot of sites like craigslist and at yamaha in the back they ushally have like 2001-2004 bikes for cheeper

what about a 250, would it be too much? That is the first bike I rode, and it felt fast, really fast, but I digged it.

a yz125 would work great--you can't really ride flat out on trails without blowing something. In the tight trails it would work great though.

:applause: You liked the RM 250 so get one of those Forget the 220 You can make the 250 a woods bike with just a few simple mods. Go with the yami or the suzki.

I'd go with a YZ125. Can't go wrong with a Yamaha 2 stroke, especially for your weight.

a yz125 would work great--you can't really ride flat out on trails without blowing something. In the tight trails it would work great though.
my friend used to ride wide open fire roads all the time on his 85 and his 125 with no problems :applause: