Sign in to follow this  

Yarrow fund raiser/$10,000 RMZ rafffle for $10

In order to support the Yarrow family in their time of need, SuperMoto Racer Magazine has put together a raffle to help the family.

The grand prize is the Suzuki RMZ450 that was featured in the latest issue of SuperMoto Racer Magazine. The bike probably has a retail value of $20,000. Net proceeds from the raffle will go to the family.

Tickets are $10 each and the bike will be drawn at the Stateline Supermoto Challenge on April 14. Winners do not have to attend

http://www.supermotoracer.com/0207_feb_posts/yarrow_family_fund_feb_2007.html

SMR_rmz450.jpg

Way to go Scott, great cause, great bike. :applause:

I'm in ! Come on everybody and help out, you may just end up

with one of the nicest Suzuki race bikes out there.

Yes it's a great cause

The bike was a project bike for the magazine and SuperMoto Racer Magazine actually owns the bike and is raffling it off to help the Yarrow family. FMF/Tokyomods/Race Tech and Suzuki helped build the magazine project bike they are not directly connected to the raffle.

We are just trying to help out a supermoto family.

Yes it's a great cause

The bike was a project bike for the magazine and SuperMoto Racer Magazine actually owns the bike and is raffling it off to help the Yarrow family. FMF/Tokyomods/Race Tech and Suzuki helped build the magazine project bike they are not directly connected to the raffle.

We are just trying to help out a supermoto family.

Very classy, I'm glad to help out :applause:

Mike

Just to clarify... the topless girl that comes with the bike (above pic) is over 18 right?

here's 2 for the big guy, the bike would only be a cool bonus but it's really for a better cause.. :applause:

Net proceeds from the raffle will go to the family.

Scott;

You rock!

I think you are doing a great thing here! It is VERY generous for you to donate that trick bike to the Yarrow's!

In the interest of full disclosure, what do you mean by "net proceeds"? Could you please give a description of the anticipated expenses.

Here's Allen (#15) in the Tacoma Dome Circa 2001

stt21l.jpg

Thanks,

Tyler

We really don't want to get into the numbers on the board but lets just say we were planning on selling the bike when the idea to help out the Yarrow family came up. We are just covering the costs we have into the bike, which is way cheap compared to what its worth or what it would cost to build. I think I added up the stuff and rounded the numbers and I came very close to $20,000.

We are donating all of our time to put this together and Jana probably has already spent 12-15 hours over the last two days organizing tickets as they come in.

Part of the reason we are doing this is because we know what the Yarrow family is facing and how hard it is to stay strong. Both Jana and myself had parents that battled with cancer and ending up losing the battle. I myself battle Leukemia as a child and I know how much it wipes you out and drains you and the entire family’s energy.

I hope this lets everyone know where we are coming from, Jana and myself. We have both been there and done it. It sucks and it requires as much support as possible from friends and family. Since we live so far away this is our way for us to support them without being there to give them a hug or make them dinner on a bad day after Chemo.

The Yarrow’s are in our family, the supermoto family and they are part of the sports legacy in America.

SMR

We really don't want to get into the numbers on the board but lets just say we were planning on selling the bike when the idea to help out the Yarrow family came up. We are just covering the costs we have into the bike, which is way cheap compared to what its worth or what it would cost to build. I think I added up the stuff and rounded the numbers and I came very close to $20,000.

We are donating all of our time to put this together and Jana probably has already spent 12-15 hours over the last two days organizing tickets as they come in.

Part of the reason we are doing this is because we know what the Yarrow family is facing and how hard it is to stay strong. Both Jana and myself had parents that battled with cancer and ending up losing the battle. I myself battle Leukemia as a child and I know how much it wipes you out and drains you and the entire family’s energy.

I hope this lets everyone know where we are coming from, Jana and myself. We have both been there and done it. It sucks and it requires as much support as possible from friends and family. Since we live so far away this is our way for us to support them without being there to give them a hug or make them dinner on a bad day after Chemo.

The Yarrow’s are in our family, the supermoto family and they are part of the sports legacy in America.

SMR

Thanks man.

As I said before, you rock.

-Tyler

Nice Going Scott - Great Idea and a very generous way to help out our friends! SuperMoto Racer Magazine is the BEST!

Ed, Debbie and Mike 168 Camera

That is a great cause - plus I want to win the bike

I am in for five tickets - A lot better odds than winning the lottery.

This is a good cause bump

Thanks for the support, the Yarrow family can't thank everyone for what they have done to lighten the load.

We have almost reached half of our goal, 2000 tickets before the drawing on April 14 at Stateline. There is a little over 4 weeks to go.

SMR

Scott,

I'm not surprised that this raffle is close to being sold out. I just can't wait to have that RMZ sitting in my garage. :applause:

FYI: there have been some updates on Allen's condition posted at www.allenyarrow.com from his wife Micki.

Reading the latest post really bummed me out today and let me realize just how fragile life can be and how good friends can mean the world.

allen.jpg