Sign in to follow this  

Im driving myself crazy!!!!

:cry: Here's my dilemma?? I know I want a 50 based 88cc knockoff. I have it narrowed down to the 07 SSR 90-R & the 05 UPC XSI JNR . I saw both bikes yesterday and this is what I noticed. The UPC is a well put together machine. Throttle, perches, seat, grips, pegs, handle bars, bar mounts all very good. Clean welds and an overall nice little bike. My 2 concerns are 1) "Structured Steel" Frame. What is structured steel, is it comprable to chromoly,, its what the frame is made of. 2) The suspension is soft. and this one is superficial 3) Blue plastics & Rims,:lol:

The SSR is nice looking, but grips, bars, cables, levers,pegs, are all very poor quality to put it nicely. But it has a "Chromoly" frame. The suspension is SUPER STIFF. I weigh 230 and it didn't even really move when I sat on it:eek: But those are all fixable with a little extra$$ . :applause: WHICH ONE??????

The UPC is about $200 more than the SSR, but, the SSR would eat that up updating the controls & pegs.

Both bikes will probably need suspension work so thats not a big deal.

If either motor takes a crap, a $360 Honda 88cc big bore kit will take care of it.

I'm not gonna race it or get " Big Air" on it either, I have a 450 for that.

I guess I'm just worried about a crappy frame:rant: . Any unbiased knowledge is greatly appreciated. Thanks for any help you give.

UPC

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/upcorvusa/XSI-JNR1.jpg

SSR

http://www.outlawpowersports.com/SSR90R_88cc_Pit_Bike_p/ssr90r.htm

Help save me from myself!!:applause::cry:

:cry: Here's my dilemma?? I know I want a 50 based 88cc knockoff. I have it narrowed down to the 07 SSR 90-R & the 05 UPC XSI JNR . I saw both bikes yesterday and this is what I noticed. The UPC is a well put together machine. Throttle, perches, seat, grips, pegs, handle bars, bar mounts all very good. Clean welds and an overall nice little bike. My 2 concerns are 1) "Structured Steel" Frame. What is structured steel, is it comprable to chromoly,, its what the frame is made of. 2) The suspension is soft. and this one is superficial 3) Blue plastics & Rims,:lol:

The SSR is nice looking, but grips, bars, cables, levers,pegs, are all very poor quality to put it nicely. But it has a "Chromoly" frame. The suspension is SUPER STIFF. I weigh 230 and it didn't even really move when I sat on it:eek: But those are all fixable with a little extra$$ . :applause: WHICH ONE??????

The UPC is about $200 more than the SSR, but, the SSR would eat that up updating the controls & pegs.

Both bikes will probably need suspension work so thats not a big deal.

If either motor takes a crap, a $360 Honda 88cc big bore kit will take care of it.

I'm not gonna race it or get " Big Air" on it either, I have a 450 for that.

I guess I'm just worried about a crappy frame:rant: . Any unbiased knowledge is greatly appreciated. Thanks for any help you give.

UPC

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/upcorvusa/XSI-JNR1.jpg

SSR

http://www.outlawpowersports.com/SSR90R_88cc_Pit_Bike_p/ssr90r.htm

Help save me from myself!!:applause::cry:

Good china frames don't cost sheeeeezit. Buy what you like and don't let the frame sway you either way. Check this out...

http://www.t-motorsports.com/chfrsdghocrf.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHROMOLY-FRAME-HONDA-XR-CRF-50-XR50-CRF50-PIT-BIKE-SDG_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35585QQihZ005QQitemZ150095041523QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Damn, if it weren't such a headache I'd make a load of money if I became a dealer selling parts. I'll pass though, I don't do aspirin and don't want an ulcer.

have u considered the new ssr pro 88? pretty sick looking bike and suppose to be great.

Uh the SSR90R is the ssr pro 88 you mention. ssr pro 88 is not a model number that SSR uses for it though.

oppppp's, i had no idea. i hadnt heard it called ssr90r, my bad.

why not buy a used modded 50?

Too Much$$$$$..... & alot of people DONT know how to take care of bikes. I've looked at a few ,, thats how I know. Im not a used bike guy anyway.

I'm drivin myself crazy as well. I want a pitster X4 but I already have a X2. I'm debating whether to get it now or wait. It is driving me nuts.

^^:applause: It sucks doesn't it?? :lol: I think I'm having a moment of clarity though.. Stay tuned to find out....:applause:

I'm drivin myself crazy as well. I want a pitster X4 but I already have a X2. I'm debating whether to get it now or wait. It is driving me nuts.

from the x2 to the x4 doesn't look like you are going to be missing anything other than what a different frame and plastics?

from the x2 to the x4 doesn't look like you are going to be missing anything other than what a different frame and plastics?

When comparing them with pictures it is hard to make much of a differentiation between them besides the plastics. But, when you see them in person and sit on them, you will see there are quite a few differences. Kind of like comparing a Cadillac DHS with a Chrysler 300. Both look very nice in pictures. But, the fit, finish and feel differ greatly.

When comparing them with pictures it is hard to make much of a differentiation between them besides the plastics. But, when you see them in person and sit on them, you will see there are quite a few differences. Kind of like comparing a Cadillac DHS with a Chrysler 300. Both look very nice in pictures. But, the fit, finish and feel differ greatly.

Which one is the Cadillac, the X4 or X2R?