Sign in to follow this  

Floats?

Has anyone had to adjust their floats? My bike was dialed in on the jetting and now it seems to be running a little rich in the last month. We have a theory that the floats get outta whack and mess things up a bit... Just wanted to see if anyone has been through this before I go through the carb... 07 450...

Thanks in advance for helpful comments.:applause:

If you had the jetting "dialed in" then you should not be having problems with the bike running rich. Most people make the mistake of giving their bikes too much fuel figuring that more must be better.

Now off of the soap box... :applause: It is possible that the floats got tweaked. When are you noticing a rich condition? That makes a difference. Tell us more about it.

It seems to be a little richer overall. It stalled on me coming out of a tight s-turn because of a too much gas symptom (I keep my idle a little high to avoid stalling) and it seems to be rich from 1/2 to full throttle as well. Not to mention my fender is getting a nice coating of black soot. I will be adjusting things once it warms up but I was just curious if this happens somewhat often?

...but I was just curious if this happens somewhat often?

It's one of those preventative maintenance things and should be checked regularly. Rarely does a bike come off the showroom floor or out of the crate with the correct float level. The guys on TV have theirs checked constantly. When you're ready click here -> How to set your float level.

Faded, thanks a lot! That is exactly what I was looking for!

It's one of those preventative maintenance things and should be checked regularly. Rarely does a bike come off the showroom floor or out of the crate with the correct float level. The guys on TV have theirs checked constantly. When you're ready click here -> How to set your float level.

good find :applause: