Sign in to follow this  

Difference between 2005-2006-2007 WR 250 ?

Hi all.

I have a question regarding the WR 250. The local dealer has new 2005 and 2006 models in stock at a reduced price. What is the real difference between the model years from 2005 to 2007? Just the colors, or is there other changes? And is it possible to get red/white plastic for a 2005 WR.

I will be racing enduro with it, and also use it on the road. I gone trough 2 WR 250 (2000 and 2001) and about 40 000 km and i love them. :applause:

Have a TE 250 (2004) too, but nothing like the "ding-ding, brrraaaaap" :applause:

I only know that on the 2005 you must change the tank and the seat, and weld a nut on the backbone off the frame, if you want a 2006--> look.

I Just converted my 2000 to a 2007 look with the new black tank and seat :applause: And it looks great :applause:

Hi.

Thanks for the info.

If you know of any more changes (tech) please let me know. Snellingen has the 2005 model in stock, and I thought I make them an offer if there are no significant changes over 2006/2007.

40.000 km????? How did you manage that?

Do you use the bike for every day transport?

I have the ’05 WR. If I had to choose between the ’05 (old plastics) and the newer models I would go for the ’05 again.

Mechanical upgrades are little or none. The newer type plastics include a fatter and smaller (less fuel) gas tank that will also carry the weight of the gasoline higher.

That is not an improvement IMHO, even if the new look is cooler :-)

40.000 km????? How did you manage that?

Do you use the bike for every day transport?

I have the ’05 WR. If I had to choose between the ’05 (old plastics) and the newer models I would go for the ’05 again.

Mechanical upgrades are little or none. The newer type plastics include a fatter and smaller (less fuel) gas tank that will also carry the weight of the gasoline higher.

That is not an improvement IMHO, even if the new look is cooler :-)

Hi.

I think I'll take your advise and get the 05. I'll see if I can get a good deal on it. The 2007 just came out, and a 2 year old bike is hard to sell :lol:

40 K km on 2 WR's is easy. I live about 50+ km from work and commute every day. So that's about 100+ km a day right there. Add in enduro practice and races, and the occasional spin just for fun, and the km's add up. I really got familiar on the bike, and never had problems with a sore ass (bummer - I was a part of the bike :applause: ). I had 2 sets of endurowheels, and a 17'' supermoto for the street. One thing struck me right now - Imagine how much fuel I used doing those KM's :cry:

The "bad" part was that I sold the bikes looking like new. I removed the stock plastic before I started using it, and put on my "raceplastic". When it was time to sell, the new plastic went back on, and the frame was spot-painted were the shoes rub. Clean up real good, and on with the speedo, flashers, mirrors, etc... I almost feel like a bad person.

..but just almost. I always took care of the bikes, and never had one failure. I ride hard. Grueling 4 days enduros in knee deep mud, full trottle for hours, no cooling ("look at the clogged up radiators :eek: "), metal grinded and overheated gearbox oil even if it was fresh each day of the event, etc...

If you keep the dirt out (fresh filter), and check/replace fluids once in a while I can't see what can take out a WR. Maybe a nuclear bomb or an asteroide hitting earth and killing mankind, but I am not sure :applause:

Calling the dealer tomorrow. :cry:

Good luck, I hope you can get a good deal. Just curious, what is the price of a 2007 WR250 in Norway?

40 K km on 2 WR's is easy. I live about 50+ km from work and commute every day. So that's about 100+ km a day right there. Add in enduro practice and races, and the occasional spin just for fun, and the km's add up. I really got familiar on the bike, and never had problems with a sore ass (bummer - I was a part of the bike ). I had 2 sets of endurowheels, and a 17'' supermoto for the street. One thing struck me right now - Imagine how much fuel I used doing those KM's

I have been toying with the idea of getting a new set of wheels to run street tires in the summer (and spiked tires in the winter). So this is very interesting to me.

What gearing do you use on the street? I thought the forks on the older WR’s were too close to each other for supermotard wheels/tires to fit, where did you get the supermotard wheels?

Do you have any pictures of the bike(s) you would like to share?

Good luck, I hope you can get a good deal. Just curious, what is the price of a 2007 WR250 in Norway?

I have been toying with the idea of getting a new set of wheels to run street tires in the summer (and spiked tires in the winter). So this is very interesting to me.

What gearing do you use on the street? I thought the forks on the older WR’s were too close to each other for supermotard wheels/tires to fit, where did you get the supermotard wheels?

Do you have any pictures of the bike(s) you would like to share?

Hi.

The price for a 2007 WR 250 is 10 666 USD incl. 25 % salestax (horrible!)

Sale on 2006 is 8329 USD (again salestax)

Actually, they are now out of 2005 WR 250, so it's either 06 or 07. But they do have some TE450 05 and some TC510R. I would like a powerhouse 4 stroke too (other tread in the TE forum), but my experience with 2 stroke is very good.

05 TE 450 is on sale for only 7828 USD

Decisions.??... :cry:

Th SM wheels was originally for a 98 TE 610, and fitted right on. There was some very minor rubbing, but it was just a little. It is a tight fit though, but the wheel trimmed off all that was needed :applause:

Gearing on the WR was 14/50 for enduro, and 15/50 for extreme (-speed) enduro. Fannypack carried the 15 T and I changed before rally style stages. The WR really goes with the 15 T gearing! Scary fast :eek:

On SM wheels I don't remember, but the rear sprocket was way smaller. Speed-problems was never an issue as it was able to get away from all cops :cry::applause:

Picture of various stuff : N-joy

On the mountain/by the sea. Picking up my first WR on the west coast of Norway, and driving it home after swaping to roadtyres. (poor qulity photo - scanned paperphoto)

wr2502.jpg

wr2501.jpg

The salesmode WR :lol:

WRvenstre.jpg

WRhoyre.jpg

Supermoto pits.. (-bike to the left is the WR wit SM wheels - Right bike is a SMR 630 (stroked SMR570) )

bjerke2.jpg

Thanks for sharing the great pictures. I also have a modified 2006 WR250. It has a CR ignition, 19" rear wheel and red and white plastic. I use it primarily for hare scrambles and it performs very well. It is also a real "head turner" at the track.

The French importer, to destock the models 2006, made a promotional offer.

2006 models were sold with both blue/yellow and red/white plastics and a package including pants, jacket, shirt and spare sparts.

The set was sold 7290 euros before negotiation.

0.A0?OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=jpg

I've obtained a 10% discount and my former motorcycle, 2004 Yam 250 WRf, was taken back.

Th SM wheels was originally for a 98 TE 610, and fitted right on. There was some very minor rubbing, but it was just a little. It is a tight fit though, but the wheel trimmed off all that was needed

Thanks for the info.

Actually, they are now out of 2005 WR 250, so it's either 06 or 07. But they do have some TE450 05 and some TC510R. I would like a powerhouse 4 stroke too (other tread in the TE forum), but my experience with 2 stroke is very good.

Yes, I am sure the 4-strokes are great bikes, I have been eyeballing the TE 510 myself, for the power and the 6-speed gearbox. One of my buddy’s is now selling his TE 250 to get a new TE 450, it will be very interesting to see how he likes it.

If you get one, please do tell us how you like it, and how it compares to the WR250.