Sign in to follow this  

YZ 150F, any info / rumors?

Not yet. Back when the crf150r came out, there was rumor Yamaha would release in Febuary. But its still not here, so I don't know what to think. When it does come out, its going to be great. Im sure Yamaha has been testing, and working out all of the flaws of the Honda before the release.

I've heard rumors varying from: an '08 model with an aluminum frame to Yamaha not having one available till '09 maybe '10 cause they dumped a majority of their R&D money into their new 4-stroke snowmobile line. I think we'll just have to wait and see.

yea im waiting for it too. i bet its going to be better than the honda. kinda reminds me of how xbox 360 rushed to get it out before christmas for good sales when they heard about the ps3 then ps3 releases and its awesome. just hope its not overpriced like the ps3.

Motocross Action is the Moto-Bible. Yamaha has been the one on the cutting edge of this new four stroke technology since the 1997 yzf 400m. They have beat Honda at their own game. Honda's market research told them there was no market for a cutting edge, race worthy, state of the art, four stroke. Yamaha invested millions on a gamble. The entire motocross world couldn't wait to find fault with it. They hoped it would be unreliable and a joke. It turned out it was bullet-proof and a hit offering new technology borrowed from road racing. Motocross Action has said for the last five years that Yamaha has had a yz150f on the shelf awaiting the nod for production but production would be a million dollar decision when casting and forging engine cases and parts. Yamaha never pulled the trigger because they knew the stupid AMA would ban it because it has no class to race in. Motocross Action says the big 5 have sat back waiting for Honda to go first because they are the largest manufacturer and if they made a 150 first then the AMA could not ignore them and would be forced to make room for the new machine. Yamaha deserves a ton of credit for this gamble in new dirtbike technology but one engineer at Yamaha deserves all the credit for the yz400f, yz426f, yz250f, and supposedly the yz150f. He developed the the 400 and 250 on his own time. Japan didn't want to produce the bike. American Yamaha begged Yamaha of Japan to build the bike because they said that it would sell in America. It is a cinderella story. Read Motocross Action.......The Moto-Bible.

I just wish they would hurry up. My TTR is getting long in the tooth and I would rather replace it with a higher hp liquid cooled 150F than another TTR.

yea im waiting for it too. i bet its going to be better than the honda. kinda reminds me of how xbox 360 rushed to get it out before christmas for good sales when they heard about the ps3 then ps3 releases and its awesome. just hope its not overpriced like the ps3.
hopefully it's not like the ps3. The ps3 sales are crap and sony is losing money on them.

Dude, don't settle for the 150r, I think it will be worth the wait, unless of course, you will have the extra cash when it comes out and can afford both. I'm sorry, but I have just seen so many hondas with valve problems, you couldnt give me one. Unless I had my own factory connection to keep one running.

on a Jap. forum site, rumor had it that the YZ150F will be realeased in August, obviously as an 08' model.

There is no aluminum frame, and they have had it a unit made for the last 4-5 years. Reason for no aluminum frame, it is illegal in Europe, Australia and in many other areas.

I don't care so much about the aluminum frame.

I'm just excited to get some real 4 stroke power out of a mini

Dude, don't settle for the 150r, I think it will be worth the wait, unless of course, you will have the extra cash when it comes out and can afford both. I'm sorry, but I have just seen so many hondas with valve problems, you couldnt give me one. Unless I had my own factory connection to keep one running.
Never had a valve problem, including in my forks. :applause: