Sign in to follow this  

Dual sports in vegas!!!

So I bought this beast 100hp dirtbike and it is a ton of fun, ne ways I have a few friends with big BMw's and stuff. We would like to meet more people with big bikes or dual sports. We plan to do some 3-400 mile rides and stay in hotels. Send a shout! We can't really do super technical stuff due to the gigantic bikes and 4-500lb weight!

So I bought this beast 100hp dirtbike and it is a ton of fun, ne ways I have a few friends with big BMw's and stuff. We would like to meet more people with big bikes or dual sports. We plan to do some 3-400 mile rides and stay in hotels. Send a shout! We can't really do super technical stuff due to the gigantic bikes and 4-500lb weight!

so, what kinda bike is it? (pics?) ive never seen a 100hp dirt bike. well, of course theres always the ATK 700 Intimidator, but just power to weight on that thing is insane. dunno if any traction can ever be had.

Checked out the LVNVDualsports page, and I'm pumped. We just got orders to Nellis AFB from here in South Korea. I've ridden my whole life until I got married 8 years ago and can't wait to get back into it. We'll be heading to Oregon to pick up the truck and boat, but I've been agonizing about what to buy when I get back. It's gotta be DS, but budget won't allow for a new one (Husky TE450). Should I look for a plated XR400 in Oregon, or wait until I get to Vegas? I'm only 160lbs so I'm thinking a DRZ will weigh too much. Will I be able to plate a decent 250-450 enduro fairly easily in NV? I'm looking at 25% street/75% off road. I don't even know what the "off-road" around vegas will be (sand, rocks?). Any help?