New track rules-Women's class

Hi Everyone,

I would just like to hear your comments on the new rule for the Women's Class at this Nebraska track for the Heartland Points Series. They didn't have the rule last year.

(FYI-last year our daughter rode a KX100 and won the points series. I rode a 450 (didn't ride all races in series for points). This year our daughter will be riding a CR250 and I will still be riding my 450.)

The new rule is: No bikes over a 125cc 2-stroke or 250cc 4-stroke.

I say,"What a CROCK!":foul: :applause:

http://www.neracewaypark.com/SoaringEdge/tickets.htm

Oh, I am sorry. Girls can't ride big bikes. Someone better get ahold of bbbom

and let her know......

Letter written.

Hello,

I just came across your displacement ruling for the women's class. I fail to understand the reasoning behind this. No fullsize bikes? What could that possibly have to do with women's racing? Most of the women riders I ride and race with are on fullsize bikes, up to and including a CR500 and numerous big bore four strokes. Requiring that a woman only race a "playbike" or mini is absolutely ridiculous and could be viewed as discriminatory. If you must make CC divisions, keep them divided by age group, like the NON-women's classes are.

This totally PISSES me OFF.

I am dealing with the same thing here in Michigan for the Harescrambles. They are following AMA rules because Michigan makes the women ride with the kids and not the adults.

Is this track AMA?

For What reason do woman have to be discriminated against?

I would love to see this stopped.

Write to them, guys. If you're in their area tell them you will be boycotting ALL their races. Complain to everyone you can.

Trouble is, we're too small a group to really threaten them much. How many women race in this series? like 5? i don't think the promoters are going to cry too much.

Or, if you HAVE to race, don't race the women's class. I stopped anyway because I don't like competing with like 2 other people, it's more fun in the C classes.

I think a lot of the time races will have women's classes to encourage women to start racing. But once the women racers get to a certain level the race organizers are expecting them to move into the men's divisions.

This is true, but not always. I know some competitive B-class racers who still run women's class.

Also, what about those beginners who start on a 125 2 stroke or bigger?

It's not that I'm a huge fan of racing women's class ... it's just the fact they are trying to over-regulate it that pisses me off.

This is true, but not always. I know some competitive B-class racers who still run women's class.

Also, what about those beginners who start on a 125 2 stroke or bigger?

It's not that I'm a huge fan of racing women's class ... it's just the fact they are trying to over-regulate it that pisses me off.

Yeah I see that too, especially in WORCS, but like RMEC only has their women's class run the C course and if you want to run the A/B course you have to run a men's class. I'm not sure how I feel about women's classes, the whole "why separate the gender's" question. :applause:

I'm definitely of two minds about the whole thing. When I started, I raced women's classes. Hey it was fun to get trophies, and there were fewer people in it. But the whole point was to be in a beginner class where I was less likely to get trampled by 40 teenagers with no fear of death, like the 125 beg. class.

However, at hare scrambles, you're all out there at the same time ANYWAY so it really doesn't matter. At the MX races, it's different.

So that's why I support having a women's class for the beginners to get into racing where it's a *little* safer. but there comes a time to move on/up, IMO.

Still ... making rules like that makes me want to break them. LOL

The women Pro's aren't allowed to race anything larger than a 250 four stroke or 125 two stroke in the Women's class either.... Maybe that's where they get it from.

that is just WEIRD! what is the reasoning behind this? the women's class should be treated as any other "open" class. if you only want to race against other 125s or 250s, sign up for that class. But it's just like if you're racing Vet Expert or Senior Amateur or whatever--those are age group classes, and bike size doesn't matter.

Hello All,

Elizabeths dad here. We have supported this series for all of our riding time, 3 season's. They have 3 tracks and they are all whithin 2 hrs. 2 of which are only about an hour away. This would have been are 4th season. KTM 50, KLX110 to a xr100 to learn the clutch and last year a kx100. My first bike and Pam's second bike now It's Elizabeth's 1996 CR 250. Elizabeth is 12 in Dec. 5'8", about 180 and very strong. She had her kx set up very stiff and needed something with more suspension adjustability. We are looking into the NMCA series out west. They are with 2 classes b,c. They also have about 20 girls and women in the series regularly. Negative is, the furthest track is in Sidney, Ne about 5hrs. away the closest 2hrs. 15min. We have thought about the c class. With a little more time on this bike like half a season she might be ok to ride in the c class. Remember I rode in that class last year and I don't know about the BOYS in that class. Now Pam she would ride any class, she thinks it's funny when they put the mini open's with the women's class. A kid lapped her once, when he went by he looked back at her all funny she said. I told her he probably wondered how he was lapping a crf450 on his 85.LOL. Anyhow we will keep open minded and look around at a few other series. Thanks to everyone and for all the suggestions.

She would probably be just fine racing in other classes. I have a thing about not spending money on things/places/businesses that piss me off, but I'm vindictive like that.

Sidney has a nice track. I rode it some when I lived up in Sterling aka BFE. Sterling also has a nice track, but that'd be anther 45 mins from Sterling for you guys to go.

response:

Thank you for the opinion and response.

It is not an issue of discrimination it is an issue of a low turn out of female riders at events and creating an opportunity that allows the riders that have shown up regularly to compete, one on a level that allows them to have an opportunity to race in a female only class and two to reduce the diaparity in bike sizes to allow every rider the opportunity to race not just do laps.

While were are on our third year of opperation and the second in the Heartland MX series we are working to grow all classes specifically the womens class. Last year only one rider rode a bike larger that a 250 f at 2 of the 14 events and the smallest was a 50cc who rode at every event. Of the 12 females that came to race only 2 were above the age of 19 and most rode 85cc and below. We are meeting this weekend as a series to discuss what we can do to allow as many riders as possible to compete. I have a daughter that races the series and have a two fold interest in this class specifically.

Thank you again for the opinion and response. I would very much like to see you and other female riders ride in the series. With enough riders we will certaily expand the classes. Last year in some cases we only had three total riders in the female catagory, just enough, at any track, to run a class.

Sincerely,

Monty Daniels

Track Manager

Soaring Edge Motocross Park

Where Dirt and Adrenaline Meet!

I think you will see the most important point here.

I did feel bad racing my CR500 against my 11 yo daughter's CR80 but I have to agree with FC's assessment here, looks like there's a bit more behind the decision than just bike displacement.

My suggestion with the track we race at was to have a Girl's Class, say 15 and under and 105 cc's or so and under. Then the Women's Class Beginner Class and Women's Sportsmen Classes that they already have which would remain open to any displacement.

That would encourage the MOST girls and women in my mind. To me, the girls/women that are SERIOUS about racing would prefer to move up to the regular classes - that's where the challenge is. Those of us that are just doing it for a good time are happy to just be doing it.

I think we also need the Diva Class for the over 40 women, that way I might have a chance at a trophy!!!:applause:

• Like 1

I did feel bad racing my CR500 against my 11 yo daughter's CR80 but I have to agree with FC's assessment here, looks like there's a bit more behind the decision than just bike displacement.

My suggestion with the track we race at was to have a Girl's Class, say 15 and under and 105 cc's or so and under. Then the Women's Class Beginner Class and Women's Sportsmen Classes that they already have which would remain open to any displacement.

That would encourage the MOST girls and women in my mind. To me, the girls/women that are SERIOUS about racing would prefer to move up to the regular classes - that's where the challenge is. Those of us that are just doing it for a good time are happy to just be doing it.

I think we also need the Diva Class for the over 40 women, that way I might have a chance at a trophy!!!:applause:

Depends on how you look at things also. I know I didn't feel comfortable racing my 250X out there with other smaller girls on 65's. There were only 4 of us, so they couldn't really have a womens mini and a womens big bike class. There was one time I had to race in with the 50 Open class. I was battling back and forth with a boy on his 50. I can tell you we were both afraid of me running into him.

We have started racing in Colorado this year and they have a Womens Vet class for those of us over 30. I hurt my knee and will be out for the year. :applause: There were only two entries in the first race. They have enough women to have an A, B and C class as well as the Vet class, but with just two entries, I don't see it lasting more than a year.

Not only are the tracks trying to have enough to make a class, they also have to worry about rider safety. I understand why they have to do that.

SusanE

Thank you Everyone, for your comments, contributions and tips!

I, also, understand the different perspectives. It's 6 one way, half dozen another.

All of us "girls" riding in that series pretty much know each other. Safety factor is not a real concern; who's going to take out who. Monte's daughter, Haley(16) and ours, Elizabeth(12) are very much acquainted.

Last year Haley rode a KX100, also, for the first couple races. Then got a 125.

Latter part of the season, Elizabeth started taking Dad's 250 out on the track for a few practice laps after the days race. (The KX100 was looking at retiring in 2007.)

Well... in short, points is points and Haley took second.

Ya know what, they can do whatever they want. A lot of people watched these 2 girls all year. There will be assumptions.

The rule is B.S! (And Monte knows it.)

Anyway...I'm just getting fired up, again.

I WANNA RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:applause:

GO DAMZLs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!