Sign in to follow this  

2006 Gas Gas 450 Fse

Any one out there have one? Can you tell me how you like it? Any thing you have heard good or bad about it. Reasone I am asking, I can pick up one from a local dealer for $4995.

Thanks

BILL

Besides doing a search on this site, you might try gasgasrider.org and smackoversports.com, they are both Gas Gas sites. I did a ton of research back in January on the '05 FSE after finding a new one for $6300. There was almost universal good feedback on these bikes. I have put only about 100 miles on mine so far and am very happy with it. The fuel injection is what caught my attention. My bike has an amazing linear powerband, like an electric motor. Is the bike you are looking at new? That would be a hell of a price if it is. Let us know if you buy this bike and what you think of it after a few miles.:applause:

I agree, go get it! at that price you can't go wrong. I have heard that the 07's are even better, with a dual map ignition button, but you can buy that separate. The 06 with perimeter frame and fuel injection is a sweet bike

I agree, go get it! at that price you can't go wrong. I have heard that the 07's are even better, with a dual map ignition button, but you can buy that separate. The 06 with perimeter frame and fuel injection is a sweet bike

The 07' EC300 has a dual ignition map switch ,not the FSR450.

Brother, I would run, not walk, down there and buy that bike!!!

Is the Gas Gas 450 FSE street legal?

I just spent the last 30 min all over the web, and could not

answer that question for my self.

I did find a new 05 at Halls in Il for $6,000. So RE $5,000 for an 06, that sounds pretty good.

My '05FSE is street legal in Washington State. It came with turn signals, hi/low beams etc. Even has Michelen DOT tires. The only thing missing that I would really like to have on it is a kill switch. I worry about not being able to shut it down quick enough.

If U pass up this steal of a price, U would be missing out on a really wonderful bike! These things handle sooooo well. Point and shoot! And the EFI is the frosting on the cake. This was one of my most important reasons for choosing the FSE. This bike made me a better rider right off the bat.

The dealership where I bought my bike did all the paperwork and I recieved my license plate a week or two later.:applause:

IF that dealer has any more in the crate at that price let me know . . .

BTW, how loud/quiet are the FSE's compared to other new trail oriented 450f's? How far can you get on a tank of gas?

Anyone get a plate in Washington State? I read the post above mine where the guy said his bike is street legal in Washington State but with a BC location I don't know if you actually have the Wa plate or figure you could get one without issue.

Greg

Greg, I live in Cashmere, Wash. on the eastside of the Cascades. I don't know why I ended up with a B.C. home? Haven't taken the time to change. I got mine at Condotas Motor sports in Wenatchee,Wash. for 6500. They took care of all the paperwork and I got my plate a week or two later. Bought it last Spring. Also, I think he has two '05's left. Bet U could pick it up for 5000 or less?! I have a riding buddy with an '06 Ktm 450 and mine handles better and the smooth throttle is so nice for the tight stuff. Plus it's a six speed! I could go on and on but U get the picture.:applause: pm me if U have questions

IF that dealer has any more in the crate at that price let me know . . .

BTW, how loud/quiet are the FSE's compared to other new trail oriented 450f's? How far can you get on a tank of gas?

Anyone get a plate in Washington State? I read the post above mine where the guy said his bike is street legal in Washington State but with a BC location I don't know if you actually have the Wa plate or figure you could get one without issue.

Greg

My 06 FSE450 without the baffle is quieter than my old DRZ400 and comparable to the WR400 and CRF450X (baffle still in) my buddies ride.

I get between 85-100km's per tank depending on the terrain.

flybars,

Does Condotta's have any of the new FSE's in? I think both you and I were looking at the '05 owned by a guy in Leavenworth which has found it's way back to the floor at Condotta's after kind of a long story. I nearly flogged my large-bore orange bike for it but I held off and am glad I did....

Question- what's the real weight of that FSE you have? Also, would you use it to do 20 mile round trip commuting on local oads, obviously lots of trail riding and seat comfort aside, the odd 600 mile round trip of slow slab (Canada eh?), forest road and trail all mixed into one?

Thanks.:applause:

I was told that Condotta's did not order any '07 GG's. When I drive by, I see an '05 FSE outside with other new bikes. It might be the same demo bike your talking about? But a friend just told me he has one or two new ones left. These bikes with all the turnsignals,battery, horn, switches, etc. weigh right at 260 I believe. The new Ktm EXC street legal weighs the same. And Dirtbike mag. said it doesn't come with headlight?

I wonder if the preowner of the demo GG wasn't told to disconnect the EPA very lean condition blue/yellow wire like they didn't tell me. That would be a sure way to ruin a bike.

And yes, I do ride it to work when the weather gets better. My commute is from Cashmere to Oldstation in Wenatchee. Also with the six gears it'll do 600 miles. I'd change my counter sprocket. I'm gonna put a twelve on the front as soon as I can find one other than a GG one. Expensive! First gear is a little tall for the tight slow stuff.

Talking to the previous owner after he parted ways with it was a bit of an eye opener... holy smokes.

Anyhow, I was lurking around a few months back polling owners about longevity of the motors with the same line of reasoning as you had re: FI and handling traits. If you don't mind my asking, what have you got on the odometer now? Any signs of motor needing work? 10k miles would be expected but what about 20k miles? I'm talking a mix of riding like it sounds you do and with only one bike to do it all. The 300lb KTM is good for most of my saddle time but throw it into the tight, steep trails and I'm thankful I spent a lot of years riding mountain bikes in hairy terrain.

Thx!

Talking to the previous owner after he parted ways with it was a bit of an eye opener... holy smokes.

Anyhow, I was lurking around a few months back polling owners about longevity of the motors with the same line of reasoning as you had re: FI and handling traits. If you don't mind my asking, what have you got on the odometer now? Any signs of motor needing work? 10k miles would be expected but what about 20k miles? I'm talking a mix of riding like it sounds you do and with only one bike to do it all. The 300lb KTM is good for most of my saddle time but throw it into the tight, steep trails and I'm thankful I spent a lot of years riding mountain bikes in hairy terrain.

Thx!

So what is this guy's story?

And the post above the one I am quoting, references cutting/not cutting a wire and ruining a bike. Does that mean you need to cut it or you need to not cut it?

Greg

I'm not big on bagging on products or dealers, especially on the Internet, and I only know the customer's side of the matter. Just know the bike had spent a lot of time at two GG dealers, it refused to run and things got ugly.

I still think the product looks very attractive for my needs and there's obviously some very happy riders out there. Just not sure if I was fed a big helping of BS from a dealer about maintenance and longevity of the motors. 30hrs between oil? Minimal valves? For real?