Baja Mexico

Anyone interested on a ten day trip to Baja? south of Mulege 40 miles check out the Sea of Cortez, Santa Rosalia, Mulege, Loreto and shooting across the desert to the pacific side for a camp out in San Jaunico. I will post some pictures of last year as soon as I can.:applause: Steve.

No time shares here those thing there are a joke!! get your self a map from autoclub and go 40 miles south of Mulege you will see a dirt road that take you into San Nicolas thats where we built a house. about ten years ago.

my neighbors that have houses around mine down there live Huntington beach, Redding, Malibu,Arizona, San Diego, Utah, and Montana. bunch of great guys and the fishing is exellent. Steve.:applause:

Anyone interested on a ten day trip to Baja? south of Mulege 40 miles check out the Sea of Cortez, Santa Rosalia, Mulege, Loreto and shooting across the desert to the pacific side for a camp out in San Jaunico. I will post some pictures of last year as soon as I can.:applause: Steve.

I have great memories and stories about baja. I have been to all the places you mention. Each of those places has a special place in my heart.

Back in the day we used to take 3 weeks off work and school and drive from SLO all the way down to Loreto. We would scuba and free dive for dinner and camp right on the beach. I never ate so damm much fresh lobster and fish cooked over a camp fire/bbq. It was just an awesome adventure. I have some great memories from Baja. Even rode my 85 YZ 80 all over the place. In Loreto I hit a bobwire fence at dusk. Pulled me clean off my bike. I still have the scars. Mulege is really cool but my favorite was Punta Chivatos. What a great deserted beach on the Sea of Cortez. I'll never forget the tropical storm that blew up one night. It was amazing what power.

Baja and the Sea of Cortez is a really special place to me. I haven't been back there for about 20 years. Damm I am getting old. I would really love to go back to all those places we used to go. But I just don't think It would be the same. Never the less one day I will return. Good luck on your trip have a cold one for me. Maybe one day I'll make it all the way to Cabo.

Post your pics. I would love to see them.

I have beed dyeing to get there. I was supposed to go at the end of Jan but a friend had an emergency weding in Hawaii. I will keep an eye on this post and see how things come together. If anyone form northern CA is thinking of making the trip let me know. Maybe we can work out a way to get to the boarder together. :applause:

Punta Chivato, wow! I haven't been there in 15-20 years. We used to "borrow" my girlfriends Nissan Sentra and road trip down there. All I remember being there was a small hotel and few campsites. Awesome fishing right off the jetty. Please tell me it hasn't been too developed and gone commercialized. I would love to take a trip back someday!

Baja mexico there's no place like home!!!!!! I'm so ready to go south that I can't wait. Now that it's getting hot I'm just ready to start getting some cold Pacificos in my system and visit all the old towns that my bike will take me. My buddy's are telling me they have more power with there new WR-400 and 450's but I still like my XR-650L with 250 more CC's hahaha:thumbsup:

I'm interested, did a similar ride last year with a tour company. If you have never ridin baja, you have not ridin dessert. Not to mention the food, the old west feel and most intriguing was re-tracing almost 500 miles of the Baja 1000 course over 3 days of riding. Have not stopped thinking about that ride since.. Hvae already started planning for a return trip in '08, but if I can squeeze in an '07 trip....I'm in Nor cal for those considering (Davyn). Fishthumper, any updated information you could share. Jazzed just thinking about it..

at old mill before we take off..

http://trailbosstours.shutterfly.com/action/slideshow?a=67b0de21b33bd2d54584&auto=0&idx=63&m=1&d=1173770878226

sky ranch http://trailbosstours.shutterfly.com/action/slideshow?a=67b0de21b33bd2d54584&auto=0&idx=19&m=1&d=1173770538379

me and bros, plus a few friends..

http://trailbosstours.shutterfly.com/action/slideshow?a=67b0de21b33bd2d54584&auto=0&idx=26&m=1&d=1173770623065

I've been going down to Baja since I was a small fart. It's alway great to leave this over-pop city and just relax. some of the locals that live in my town are so happy and just plain melo and stress free, that's the part I enjoy.

we are so bound to the every day B.S. here in California, that you see how other people live with nothing and are so happy. I ask "Terry" and his wife Lupe if they would ever leave San Nicolas for a better life and he just said there's no life better than this life here. Being raised with 3 generation of family and still going strong!!! everyone knows the Bautista family. Steve

I'd be glad to sign up in a heart beat but I have my #2 due April 12th. Wife may not be all that stoked w/ me leaving for 10 days just asfter the baby is born.

Last ride I did in Baja was from Puerto San Carlos (just S of Ranta Rosilia) to Loreto via the beach. Nice safe camping and Lots of fish!! Also shaves off hours to the drive.

This weekend I'm doing a short trip to Estero Beach Ensenada and riding the coast from there. Anyone have any experience with this area? I've driven in from the South for surf trips when I was a kid but haven't tried it from the North. If anyone has any info to share I'd really appreciate it! Please post here or on a thread I started in the international forum.

Thanks again and good luck to you Fishthumper - Sounds like a killer trip!!! Maybe I can pull it next year.

Baja.

I've obviously not spent enough time TT, never noticed the Int'l forum:thumbsup: Anyway, me and couple friends have been looking to for the baja ride hook up and seems like a good place to start. Thanks Buddy!

I'd be glad to sign up in a heart beat but I have my #2 due April 12th. Wife may not be all that stoked w/ me leaving for 10 days just asfter the baby is born.

Last ride I did in Baja was from Puerto San Carlos (just S of Ranta Rosilia) to Loreto via the beach. Nice safe camping and Lots of fish!! Also shaves off hours to the drive.

This weekend I'm doing a short trip to Estero Beach Ensenada and riding the coast from there. Anyone have any experience with this area? I've driven in from the South for surf trips when I was a kid but haven't tried it from the North. If anyone has any info to share I'd really appreciate it! Please post here or on a thread I started in the international forum.

Thanks again and good luck to you Fishthumper - Sounds like a killer trip!!! Maybe I can pull it next year.

Baja.

HaHa I've done that on before it's kinda cool nice Hotel and security to watch your stuff I just roll my bike into the Hotel room cuz I ain't walking. took a boat down there one time and stayed at the hotel and shot about 350lbs of yellowtail in about 2 1/2 hours it was a blast:applause: