Sign in to follow this  

Pro Cons of a CRF230F

What are peoples thoughts/opinions about the CFR230F? I'm 6'2" 225lbs and looking for a new play bike. I ride a KLX110 now and want something a little bigger. Are there other bikes I should look at? (What about the CFR150F?) I know its small for my size but a big bike isn't worth the money for the ridding I do.

i ride a 05 230, and i love the bike. depends on your skill level and where you like to ride. the 230 is an awesome trail bike, but the suspension limits it s mx ability to nothing! not made for the track. the 230 is on the heavy side too, 238 pounds. but with it's size a man like you can handle it.

im 6 ft, the bike fits me pretty good, i do feel i little tall for it but, if you get some triple clamps by bbr and a bbr rear shock along with a rear link, you can raise the bike about an inch, plus with some after market bars, they help in brig you "up" alittle more.

i myself am doing the above, plus "up grading" the stock suspension.

right now the bike has an aftermarket header, and fmf exhaust

the bike rocks, you make it your own.

look around, test ride, then make your choice:ride:

I have a CRF 230 as a play bike and it is great. I agree with the above in regard to, make the bike your own, and you can do that with BBR parts. I added BBR fork springs, a BBR Rev Box, Big Gun total exhaust, hotwheels graphic kit, plus more. My friends love the bike to go play on a small track next to camp. Plus, when we go in to some really technical stuf this is what I ride due to the ease. On the other hand, I did buy a WR250F to TRY to keep up with the 450's

i realy dont know why people call a crf230 a play bike i think that a play bike will be a crf50 to a crf100 but the 238lbs. crf230 i dont think that it can call a playbike cause not all the people can ride or pick it up thats my opinion beside that bike will take u anyware without expensive maintenece they are very reliable and had a good decent engine that u can wake it up with the power up kit you will need a stifer srpings thou. you will like it one more thing man

GO REDDDD:thumbsup:

extremly reliable, pulls like a mac truck

its a little heavy and the suspension is not very good for anything but trails but this bike is an EXCELLENT trail bike and you should have no problems with the weight, im 6'1 and i am a little tall for the bike but its still a blast to ride.

def. worth the money, and the aftermerket is huge for these bikes so you should have no problem finding parts suitable for you needs.

If I was your size, I'd be riding a 250X. At 5'5", I can't even touch the ground on a 250X. For the extra money, you get a taller bike that won't feel small to you, far superior suspension and brakes, and you still keep electric start AND kickstart. And there is more engine power to boot. A 250X is just slightly lighter at 225lbs and it also has a headlight.

If you get a 230, and do the CR85 suspension, Works shock, and lights, you'll be within $1000 of the 250X.

A good used XR might not be bad either.

--Joel

Pro:

-Fun reliable torque

-Electric start

-Full size bike

-Tons of aftermarket support

-Great for beginners and older generations who just like to cruise

Con:

-Poor suspension for aggresive trails

-Non adjustable forks

-Not intended for any MX once so ever

-Underpowered to some peoples likings stock

-238 lbs can get heavy after a long day of riding

• Like 1

Cons of a 230, I love mine. Yes there are some downfalls, but for my trail riding it suits my needs and budget real well. Oh ya I am a 250# guy.

Pro:

-Fun reliable torque

-Electric start

-Full size bike

Con:

-Non adjustable forks

X2

-Fun reliable torque-yes!

-Electric start-like magic!!

-Full size bike-yup.

-Tons of aftermarket support-and how!

-Great for beginners and older generations who just like to cruise(and women too!)

Con:

-Poor suspension for aggresive trails-Tons of aftermarket support

-Non adjustable forks-Tons of aftermarket support

-Not intended for any MX once so ever-true but for trails its great!

-Underpowered to some peoples likings stock-true if you need more get a 250 or Tons of aftermarket support

-238 lbs can get heavy after a long day of riding-add fuel and its heavier, yeah but I'm a girl and can do it!!

:applause: :applause: :lol: Excellent breakdown CRF230Rider!

If I was your size, I'd be riding a 250X. At 5'5", I can't even touch the ground on a 250X. For the extra money, you get a taller bike that won't feel small to you, far superior suspension and brakes, and you still keep electric start AND kickstart. And there is more engine power to boot. A 250X is just slightly lighter at 225lbs and it also has a headlight.

If you get a 230, and do the CR85 suspension, Works shock, and lights, you'll be within $1000 of the 250X.

A good used XR might not be bad either.

--Joel

most people that look into 230's do so because of the cheaper price..

also the cr85 shocks are too short for the 230 so some other CR fork conversion would take place if he wanted to do so, or an XR250 swap

X2

-Fun reliable torque-yes!

-Electric start-like magic!!

-Full size bike-yup.

-Tons of aftermarket support-and how!

-Great for beginners and older generations who just like to cruise(and women too!)

Con:

-Poor suspension for aggresive trails-Tons of aftermarket support

-Non adjustable forks-Tons of aftermarket support

-Not intended for any MX once so ever-true but for trails its great!

-Underpowered to some peoples likings stock-true if you need more get a 250 or Tons of aftermarket support

-238 lbs can get heavy after a long day of riding-add fuel and its heavier, yeah but I'm a girl and can do it!!

:applause: :applause: :lol: Excellent breakdown CRF230Rider!

Nicer breakdown!!!

Fix the suspension & it's great. Once that's done the 230 is a blast on the track too.

Pro:

-Fun reliable torque

-Electric start

-Full size bike

Con:

-Non adjustable forks

Nicely done.:applause:

Thanks guys and gals. I'd give you all good rep marks, but everyone of them said I've got too spread some around before giving this user a reputation.

-Matt:thumbsup: