Sign in to follow this  

06 CA Plated TTR230 - What is it worth?

I have a 2006 TT-R230 with a CA License Plate and has only been riden one time. My girlfriend rode it once in the desert and has found that she does not really like riding as much as she thought she would.

I don't know what it is worth because there are not a lot of street legal TT-R230 around with plates on them. Not to mention I put on a tail/brake light, and a headlight, and it has another year left on the transferable extended warrenty. I have not found anything similar to compare to.

KBB says that it is worth $2,200 retail, but I think that is low. New ones go for $3,400 plus fees but they don't have a plate on them. Is $3,100 to much to ask????

I have put on some Cycra pro bend hand guards, ($120), rejetted the carb, uncorked the airbox and muffler, and kept it on a battery tender and changed our the fuel for fresh fuel every couple months.

2200 if your lucky, no one is going to pay more than what kbb says would you? also the plate doesnt mean much cuz its does illegally, its gonna get takin away as we have seen this with other illegally plated bikes after 04.

I have sold several other bikes, 2005 WR450 plated, 2005 XR650R plated and people have paid well above blue book for those.

Also, my family works at the DMV so I am not worried about my plate getting taken.

the plate doesnt mean much cuz its does illegally, its gonna get takin away as we have seen this with other illegally plated bikes after 04.

I had a TT-R250 plated after the "deadline" and the yearly renewals keep coming. The only plates pulled that I have read about are ones that were plated by a dealer. Apparently the DMV scrutinizes the paperwork from the dealers. That's not to say what will happen in the future:excuseme:

The kbb for a street legal 2006 XT-225 is $2275 trade-in, $3340 retail. So the market may not support a $3,100 price for your bike. But you could luck out if your bike is what someone is looking for.

When I bought my plated TT-R250 (used), the price differences seemed to be about $500.

I have sold several other bikes, 2005 WR450 plated, 2005 XR650R plated and people have paid well above blue book for those.

Also, my family works at the DMV so I am not worried about my plate getting taken.

well im glad you are above the law. but i do know that i would not be stupid enough to pay over blue book but good luck

I bought my 06 ttr230 that was never ridden from a guy who paid $3900 from the dealer, he showed me the paper work. I paid $3000 and saved about $400 plus tax. That is the bike I was looking for and that was the best price I could find. If you hang in there someone looking for that paticular bike might give you $3000-$3100?