Sign in to follow this  

JD Jetting Kit TTR125

I noticed they are selling one. Has anyone tried the kit yet?

I also noticed it's $75! What could possibly be in a jet kit for a non-squirt carb worth $75?? If someone buys it....tell us what's in it. I know JD's the wiz on this stuff, but c'mon....let's consider a price reduction!

I have bought them for my WRs, but I was wondering how they would be for the TTR. I agree a butload of cash for the the hardware you get with the kit.

It's $75 just because you're buying a very respected name around these parts...

If this kit is anything like the others the money is in the custom needle he sells with the kit.

Honestly, I think there are many gains to be made with the bigger higher performance bikes like the YZ450f, but I can't see a needle for a 7 horsepower bike being worth $75.

There just aren't many gains to be made on it...

$75.00? BOO! They need to re-think the pricing on that one!!!! That is NUTS!....:applause:

It's $75 just because you're buying a very respected name around these parts...

If this kit is anything like the others the money is in the custom needle he sells with the kit.

Honestly, I think there are many gains to be made with the bigger higher performance bikes like the YZ450f, but I can't see a needle for a 7 horsepower bike being worth $75.

There just aren't many gains to be made on it...

I agree. Unless you plan of doing some serious racing and are trying to get a couple more ponies out of it for an edge just buy a couple different sized pilot and main jets and call it a day. IMO You’re better off saving the $$ to upgrade to a yz carb.

• Like 1

If he really wanted to sell stuff for the bike a fuel screw would be nice - can't find a "adjustable by finger" fuel screw anywhere for the stock carb anywhere...

• Like 1

The only possible thing you could get for $75 is a new carb. Otherwise, you are just making his bank account bigger at our expense. For a stock motor and basic mods the 24mm Keihin is the ticket.

to be honest i was disappointed when i got my jd kit for my wr all it had was two needles and couple main jets. i still needed to buy pilot jets.

what the kit should have is two jets below and above stock on the pilot and main jets and if need be a needle and leak if its a fancy carb like the wr. next time i jet a bike ill just order them in parts and end with my own AC jetting Kit haha:ride:

The only possible thing you could get for $75 is a new carb. Otherwise, you are just making his bank account bigger at our expense. For a stock motor and basic mods the 24mm Keihin is the ticket.

I'm running the 26mm Keihin, and can honestly say I don't know why I waited to put that on-totally different bike, almost a YZ like hit vs a moped, that is how different the bike feels. Motor is all stock, with exhaust and airbox breathing as they should (uncorked).

I ran a 24mm because I happen to have one and when I ran it, it ran so well, I was too lazy to try my 26mm. But yeah, I don't know why people waste time with a stock carb. The keihin is so easy to work with. :applause:

Ok - I'll bite.

You say the Keihin works much better than stock.

Which Keihin? The PE? That is the only one that I can find on the Keihin-usa.com web site that is the 24 or 26mm: http://www.keihin-us.com/am/products/pe.php

It appears to be a CV carb and not an FCR - can't see an AP on it....

Any theories as to why it works so much better?

No the PD carbs. The 24mm is off a '83-'85 Honda 200x. The 26mm is off the Honda xr200. Both are available off ebay, but as you know "buyer beware". Also, with the 26mm, if you get them retail some years are cheaper than others. I ran mine with a stock motor with a pipe and BBR air filter. They are also super easy to jet. I think I ran a 130 main with the 24mm and with my 150cc motor and a 26mm it's something like a 115 main. I just had apart, but I don't remember the size.

Ok - I'll bite.

You say the Keihin works much better than stock.

Which Keihin? The PE? That is the only one that I can find on the Keihin-usa.com web site that is the 24 or 26mm: http://www.keihin-us.com/am/products/pe.php

It appears to be a CV carb and not an FCR - can't see an AP on it....

Any theories as to why it works so much better?

I was a total newb to the TTR:banghead: , and under fire to get it running (just bought it for the Mrs, her first bike, and she wasn't happy that it wouldn't run right), so I just broke down, and ordered the BBR kit for $190 last spring.