Cal City Sunday 3/4?

I'll be heading up to Cal City Sun morn with a co-worker and possibly two other TTrs. Where we're riding to hasn't been set in stone yet, but I figured I'd check to see who else might be interested in going? If we can find a rider who knows his way around, we'd be interested in doing a run to Husky and Johannesburg/Randsburg.

I've ridden a bunch of good rides with TTrs, so I'm looking to keep it going. Any takers?

Chris

• Like 1

So here's the plan:

I'm going to meet up with my co-worker and his friend at the Rite-Aid on the Cal City main blvd at 9AM. I'm not sure how far down it is, but I will try to get an address and post it back up here later today.

If you end up coming to meet up, please let me know, so I know who to wait up for.

I'll be in a blue dodge durango with a WR250 on a hitch carrier and my buddy in a suburban.

The ride will most likely be a more exploratory kind of ride.... i.e. making our own trail to the husky coordinates and maybe look for some gold mines that my friend mentioned. :applause:

Chris

How tough of a ride is it?And can I make it on a 230?

How many miles can you get on the 230? The husky loop was 72 miles last time I went there and back.

If you can handle the desert whoops on the 230 then you will be fine. Other then that, there won't be anything too difficult. No rock obstacles or hill climbs. There are some long fast smooth areas and some slower whooped out areas, but we will keep it at a pace that is comfortable for everyone.

I believe there is an easy way to the husky, but I'm not positive which way that is, so this will be kind of shooting from the hip.

Hey BB; Me and my Bud are in but we are scwezzen 75 mi. out of a tank and a pop bottle soooo it that going to be enough???

Glad you guys can make it. 75 miles will be fine. We can always stage a little closer too. :applause:

See you Sun. :applause:

Hey BB; Me and my Bud are in but we are scwezzen 75 mi. out of a tank and a pop bottle soooo it that going to be enough???

I made it with my bike no problem to Johannesburg/Randsburg. you can fill up there.

Chris where are you guys planning to stage...? I'm supposed to be riding in Santa Clarita Sunday but I haven't heard back from my buddy... If things fall through I'd join you Sunday. I know the area fairly well.

We aren't positive about the staging area yet, so we are all meeting up at the Rite-Aid on Cal City blvd. We were thinking of staging at Esse Rd or Borax Bill's, but my friend is bringing a 2-smoke 250 with stock tank, so we aren't sure how far he can go on it. We might have to stage closer to the 395. What do you guys think?

I can find my way to the Husky pretty easily, but I'm a little less positive about how to get into Joburg, so it would be great if you could make it, being the fearless leader that you are :applause:

I made it with my bike no problem to Johannesburg/Randsburg. you can fill up there.

So are you coming out MORGS? So far we have Socal Paul, chrispy, his buddy, my co-worker, his friend and myself for a total of 6.

So are you coming out MORGS? So far we have Socal Paul, chrispy, his buddy, my co-worker, his friend and myself for a total of 6.

I am still 50/50 i have a Bday party i have to go to later that day. going to talk to my girl and tell her i might be able to make it back in time....maybe lol

will give you a call Saturday afternoon to let you know.

If anyone is coming out of the San Fernando Valley, I will be meeting Socal Paul at the Denny's off the 5 at the Roxford St exit at 7:15AM. I'm in a blue dodge durango with a WR250 no a hitch carrier.

Have you thought about staging east of 395 ? Kinda put's you between Husky and Randsburg. Really be helpful to the 2 smokers. You can't miss Johannesburg because it's right on 395.

Yeah, that's kind of what we were thinking too.

Chris

I am still 50/50 i have a Bday party i have to go to later that day. going to talk to my girl and tell her i might be able to make it back in time....maybe lol

will give you a call Saturday afternoon to let you know.

We are most likely going to split the day up, because you aren't the only one concerened about being out there too long.

I barely made it to my girlfriend's party last weekend after the Gorman ride :applause:. I got my priorities straight?:applause:

Chris,

Do you want the easy track to the husky from 395? Pm me your email and i will send it your way.

i think I got it already from you. Is it the one called "HUSKYEASY"? The tracks you gave me match great to the "friends of" map. I just gotta figure out how to combine multiple tracks on my gps :applause: