Sign in to follow this  

140-70-17, 150-70-17 or 150-60-17?

Wondering which tire I should go with for my 4.25 excel rear sm wheel. I would like the 150-70-17, but anyone know better?

Wondering which tire I should go with for my 4.25 excel rear sm wheel. I would like the 150-70-17, but anyone know better?

You need a 150-60-17 for that rim:thumbsup:

I'm an a 140-70-17.

It feels great! :applause:

I'm going for a 140-60-17 next time tho!

I'm an a 140-70-17.

It feels great! :applause:

I'm going for a 140-60-17 next time tho!

Lowering the profile without going wider may cause the tyre to flatten out a bit too much. Take Pro advice before changing :applause:

Lowering the profile without going wider may cause the tyre to flatten out a bit too much. Take Pro advice before changing :applause:

Ahh i see. Okay:thumbsup:

The 140-70 feels fine, and i can ride it to the edge of the tyre no problem! :applause:

I'm using the Distanzia 150-70-17. This would be the second one of that size for the rear.

Seems to be just fine but I don't push it through the corners as hard on the pavement as I did with the sport tires. I've had no indication from the tire that I shouldn't, I'm just a little over cautious. Those few times that I did push it hard, the tire and the size worked great.

Ahh i see. Okay:thumbsup:

The 140-70 feels fine, and i can ride it to the edge of the tyre no problem! :applause:

You can check your rim size, and if it's 4.25" you can fit a 150/60.

This keeps the correct curve and gives a slightly wider tyre with a similar rolling radius to your 140/70, and will give you less of a "balloon" look to the tyre.

Downside is that you may get the chain trimming the edge which is quite a common SM problem, though does not affect much!

At the end of the day though, wide tyres are more "bling" than performance (in my opinion) and if yours handles well and you can get to the edge, maybe best to stay with what you know and like!