Quote.....

This thread got locked but i wanted to make a comment on this quote....

Thanks Honda163.

So far I have noticed that our most staunch Suzuki defenders are 14, 17, and 18 years old accoring to their profiles. That says a lot in regards to the comments made. No offense guys, I didnt know sh*t when I was in high school either.

I also like everything about the RMZ aside from the crappy four speed and very questionable reliability. I am sure the bike has been a good deal for everyone who has not had a motor let go. I like it because it feels light for a 450, turns fantastic, has good suspension, and it does not tire you out very quickly.

At this point I can't say I will ever buy another Suzuki , though. it is not just this bike. The last time I bought a new Suzuki dirtbike was in 1996 (when our pro suzuki board members were in diapers). It was a 1997 RM250 and right from the factory the power valve rubbed on the piston in two spots, putting grooves right across the rings and everything. That's shoddy and I avoided Suzukis for a while.

A couple years ago I had a 2003 Suzuki SV1000 streetbike. That bike had a bottom end rod knock right from the factory and after doing a little research I found that nearly all 2003 SV1000 models were delivered with improper crank bearing clearance and they all knock at low RPM. Dont believe me? google it for yourself

My neighbors bought a new RM85 last year. The kid is a beginner, does not ride hard, and I maintained the bike to a T, run with top quality oils at 32:1. well, in only one season of putting around the bike somehow lost its lower rod bearing (big surprise) , pieces of which destroyed the jug and top end. This bike had low hours on it and was not ridden hard.

Another guy I know had his 2006 Suzuki RM250 seize up for no apparent reason, I don't remember what that was but the jug and crank were both bad.

It is just one thing right after another

OK number 1 there isnt only kids defending these bikes, and each and every generation is gettin smarter and smarter so we kno alot more than u did at our age, and thats a pretty offensive comment saying that since we are like 60 we dont kno "shit". number 2 ok u pointed out suzukis that had problems what about other bikes??? ill name a few...my friends kx250 seized up in the middle of a ride and destroyed the whole crank rod bearings cylinder piston power valve and head...did he maintain it correctly....hell yes he did we rode together every weekend and after the ride we go and change the oil change air filters and grease up normal wear parts like linkage and all that check coolant levels and adjust spokes air pressure and everything.....so yeah maintenance was not the problem so i guess kawis are junk too....:applause: my friends brother....he didnt ride as much but when he rode with us he did the same maintenance at the same time on a ktm 525....some screw or something came loose inside the motor locking it up and also something when wrong with the ignition making the bike fire incorrectly and that melted the spark plug....dont ask me we took it to a shop and they said that but once again not due to maintenance. Ok now yamis....another friend was riding at the local track (hes a 125 A rider with full support from our dealer) and his yz250f all of a sudden went into a false neutral on the face of a jump and made him go endo and he ended up cracking his fibula right in half. of course his bike was maintained perfect because he was fixing to turn pro but that "pos" yami ended his career. another yami story......another shop owners son completely blew up his yz125's clutch....the damage was beyond repair unless he wanted to spend the same amount of money as if he was gonna buy a brand new bike....but he wasnt the best at maintaining his bike, not sayin it was poorly maintained but he was like "oh well the oil can go another weekend" or "nah the air filter dont need to be cleaned till next ride". and a honda now....crf250.....my friend races hes a C rider so he doesnt ring out the neck of the bike too much but he has went threw 3 sets of valves and his bike is an 06....? his dad does all his bike maintenance and he used to work for the honda dealership here.....guess honda sucks too. im not sure if you remember back in '04 when the rmz/kxf came out???? well i have one and its got the stock piston stock valves stock every motor piece and it had WELL over 100 hrs on it, yet back in 04 everyone said that all 04 rmz/kxf's blew up and they all over heated.....well mine didnt, yes i thought mine was over heating but it ended up being a bad head gasket so my point in this is please dont discriminate on people because of our age...we just might kno about as much as or been thru as much as you older guys, and dont bash bike brands sayin you maintained them to perfection because i will name plenty more stories that will prove this wrong, i have been in the sport for a long time and im not old enough yet to forget any of them......so if you wanna bash a bike brand please fine somewhere else to do it instead of on TT because it makes this website look like its not any good for helpful info and that its just here to have a big fight about bike brands....just go out and ride and keep the bashing between your friends off of the internet thanks!:applause:

OK number 1 there isnt only kids defending these bikes, and each and every generation is gettin smarter and smarter so we kno alot more than u did at our age, and thats a pretty offensive comment saying that since we are like 60 we dont kno "shit". number 2 ok u pointed out suzukis that had problems what about other bikes??? ill name a few...my friends kx250 seized up in the middle of a ride and destroyed the whole crank rod bearings cylinder piston power valve and head...did he maintain it correctly....hell yes he did we rode together every weekend and after the ride we go and change the oil change air filters and grease up normal wear parts like linkage and all that check coolant levels and adjust spokes air pressure and everything.....so yeah maintenance was not the problem so i guess kawis are junk too....:applause: my friends brother....he didnt ride as much but when he rode with us he did the same maintenance at the same time on a ktm 525....some screw or something came loose inside the motor locking it up and also something when wrong with the ignition making the bike fire incorrectly and that melted the spark plug....dont ask me we took it to a shop and they said that but once again not due to maintenance. Ok now yamis....another friend was riding at the local track (hes a 125 A rider with full support from our dealer) and his yz250f all of a sudden went into a false neutral on the face of a jump and made him go endo and he ended up cracking his fibula right in half. of course his bike was maintained perfect because he was fixing to turn pro but that "pos" yami ended his career. another yami story......another shop owners son completely blew up his yz125's clutch....the damage was beyond repair unless he wanted to spend the same amount of money as if he was gonna buy a brand new bike....but he wasnt the best at maintaining his bike, not sayin it was poorly maintained but he was like "oh well the oil can go another weekend" or "nah the air filter dont need to be cleaned till next ride". and a honda now....crf250.....my friend races hes a C rider so he doesnt ring out the neck of the bike too much but he has went threw 3 sets of valves and his bike is an 06....? his dad does all his bike maintenance and he used to work for the honda dealership here.....guess honda sucks too. im not sure if you remember back in '04 when the rmz/kxf came out???? well i have one and its got the stock piston stock valves stock every motor piece and it had WELL over 100 hrs on it, yet back in 04 everyone said that all 04 rmz/kxf's blew up and they all over heated.....well mine didnt, yes i thought mine was over heating but it ended up being a bad head gasket so my point in this is please dont discriminate on people because of our age...we just might kno about as much as or been thru as much as you older guys, and dont bash bike brands sayin you maintained them to perfection because i will name plenty more stories that will prove this wrong, i have been in the sport for a long time and im not old enough yet to forget any of them......so if you wanna bash a bike brand please fine somewhere else to do it instead of on TT because it makes this website look like its not any good for helpful info and that its just here to have a big fight about bike brands....just go out and ride and keep the bashing between your friends off of the internet thanks!:applause:

Yea young people are not stupid.

• Like 2

Dude I hope your bike runs perfect and doesn't blow like mine, seriously. Thats all.

And also I have to nominate the above post for the runon scentence of the year award. Bad ass!!!!

ha i care about run on sentences because im in school and getting a grade on each post and if u were serious about that first part...thanks but if you are being a smart ass them just stop those comments they are not needed and if you are so old and wise you would also be mature enough to not post stuff like that:prof:

Dude I hope your bike runs perfect and doesn't blow like mine, seriously. Thats all.

And also I have to nominate the above post for the runon scentence of the year award. Bad ass!!!!

I am confused with your post. I read alot of your post and you are quoted as saying this just with in the past few days

here is my RMZ

GOD do I LOVE this bike SO much!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 post you are bashing rmz's and then the next you say you love this bike.

I was being a little sarcastic. I am happy to see it in one piece when I walk into the garage now, it was torn down fow a long time. lets have a look at my lovely RMZ

100_3252.jpg

CRF250dude do you recognize my bike? I am kinda near charlotte

I was being a little sarcastic. I am happy to see it in one piece when I walk into the garage now, it was torn down fow a long time. lets have a look at my lovely RMZ

100_3252.jpg

CRF250dude do you recognize my bike? I am kinda near charlotte

Nope, are you going to the state championchip this year in sanford?

...sorry, but I felt compelled to comment for what it is worth.

Back in 2001, I bought my first YZF426. If I remember correctly, TT was very young in those days and didn't even have other brand names in there forums, particularly because there were none except the few exotics like Husenbergs and Vors. Anyhoo, all I read was how bikes were blowing up

and this and that, so much that I was the dummy and bought the two year service contract which I never ended up using. My only point is that on these forums you tend to hear the bad more than good, because that is the nature of these forums.

If everything was beautiful and full of bliss then we would all be off riding, having fun and talking about how I can tweak my rig to squeak out the added bit of performance. I don't doubt there are bad bikes out there, there always is unfortunately. I have had some strange occurrences with the RMZ, but I wouldn't say that mine is junk and that everyone else's bike is junk, just some bad luck and maybe some owner neglect in some situations. I have torn my bike down a couple of times, due to my error, and found all

the tolerances to be well within spec. Hell, my stock piston was great and the cylinder walls still had the cross-hatches in them. I have owned mine since `05 and ride and race mine. I have run the 6hr race at Glen Helen, I have run parts of the Baja, raced moto's and it's still running. I don't think Im one of the lucky ones, I think it's just the law of averages. Im mean, think about how many people have these bikes and don't log onto TT and or

post messages that are having the same experience that I am having. ?

BLAH BLAH BLAH, BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH, BLAH BLAH, BLAH BLAH...........

thanks!:applause:

Spoken like a true teenager! Get your head back in the books and learn grammar and punctuation. Your post would have been better understood and your point may have earned some consideration had you not made yourself look so uneducated ? ! I read it with an open mind! I promise I did! It just got so hard to empathize with you as you kept talking, and talking, and talking........ Then you topped it off with your comments implying how you've been around so long and know way more than a person you've never met. :applause:

Sorry to all the youngsters that don't know everything.....?

Peace.

So you never saw a suzuki blow up or have a malfunction of any kind?

Spoken like a true teenager! Get your head back in the books and learn grammar and punctuation. Your post would have been better understood and your point may have earned some consideration had you not made yourself look so uneducated? ! I read it with an open mind! I promise I did! It just got so hard to empathize with you as you kept talking, and talking, and talking........ Then you topped it off with your comments implying how you've been around so long and know way more than a person you've never met. :applause:

Sorry to all the youngsters that don't know everything.....:applause:

Peace.

spoken like a true teenager or speaking like a true teenager???? yeah i wouldnt talk about education. I honestly dont give a damn about grammar and punctuation bs....maybe in a formal letter or something but not a forum...come on. and im sure that u look very educated...a 33 yr old spending his time on the internet tellin kids they suck at grammar...real grown up huh? and tell me exactly where i said that i kno more than someone? i just said kids are getting smarter and smarter, and i have been around the sport for a while u dont kno me or what ive done or been thru or learned so u have no right sayin i dont kno anything...either

True, every color bike will have its share of problems. Many can be reduced or avoided with proper maintainance. I have seen them all, i am a motocycle mechanic, so i have a good idea of most of the new bikes short comings and flaws.

OMG dude u kno what??? its ok that ur gramer sux cause i kin still read thru it and figur out what u r sayin. we r not here to argue b/c somebody cant spel that goodnthis is a dirtbike forum u kno not gramer forum LOL &%$#@!

u know what i m sayin now lets get back to talkin bout how much my rmz450 sux u kno cause that the real topic here!!!!!!

OMG dude u kno what??? its ok that ur gramer sux cause i kin still read thru it and figur out what u r sayin. we r not here to argue b/c somebody cant spel that goodnthis is a dirtbike forum u kno not gramer forum LOL &%$#@!

u know what i m sayin now lets get back to talkin bout how much my rmz450 sux u kno cause that the real topic here!!!!!!

I thought the topic is that everyone wants you too leave but you won't go:banghead:

Let's get something straight here...

I'm sorry about your bike. That's a shame. I don't want you to leave, just realize that not all of these bikes had or will have problems. It's proven to be pretty rare, especially considering the bike has been out since late 2004/early 2005 and this is pretty much the first we are hearing about it.

I know this came from a locked thread, but I just can not resist!

Whipit quote:

So far I have noticed that our most staunch Suzuki defenders are 14, 17, and 18 years old accoring to their profiles. That says a lot in regards to the comments made. No offense guys, I didnt know sh*t when I was in high school either.

Reply: I am 43… Most of the teenagers on the thread seem to know their stuff. And.. you still don’t know sh*t..

Whipit quote:

I also like everything about the RMZ aside from the crappy four speed and very questionable reliability. I am sure the bike has been a good deal for everyone who has not had a motor let go. I like it because it feels light for a 450, turns fantastic, has good suspension, and it does not tire you out very quickly.

Reply: You are all over the page on all your posts on all makes, I do not think you know what you like or dislike???

Whipit quote:

At this point I can't say I will ever buy another Suzuki , though. it is not just this bike. The last time I bought a new Suzuki dirtbike was in 1996 (when our pro suzuki board members were in diapers). It was a 1997 RM250 and right from the factory the power valve rubbed on the piston in two spots, putting grooves right across the rings and everything. That's shoddy and I avoided Suzukis for a while.

Reply: Your 450 was used and you admitted you had no idea how many hours where on it.. As far as not buying another Suzuki --- Good now go away!

Whipit quote:

A couple years ago I had a 2003 Suzuki SV1000 streetbike. That bike had a bottom end rod knock right from the factory and after doing a little research I found that nearly all 2003 SV1000 models were delivered with improper crank bearing clearance and they all knock at low RPM. Dont believe me? google it for yourself

Reply: The Gigster’s sure are smoking bikes aren’t they???

Whipit quote:

My neighbors bought a new RM85 last year. The kid is a beginner, does not ride hard, and I maintained the bike to a T, run with top quality oils at 32:1. well, in only one season of putting around the bike somehow lost its lower rod bearing (big surprise) , pieces of which destroyed the jug and top end. This bike had low hours on it and was not ridden hard.

Reply: Got (2) 07’s RM 85’s now, and have had no less than 6 dating from 2000, and not one motor failure. Again, you maintained it?????????????

Whipit quote:

Another guy I know had his 2006 Suzuki RM250 seize up for no apparent reason, I don't remember what that was but the jug and crank were both bad.

Reply: Maybe your real name is “Bad luck Slebrock”, and no matter what you touch its gonna break. Sounds like your friends should stay as far away from you as well, as your luck seems to rub off on them! Sounds like everything you maintain blows up????

• Like 1