Sign in to follow this  

Is there a good CA. gas can???

I've tried to search the archives trying to find info on good gas cans. Seems like a stupid question but these friggin tree-hugger gas cans suck.

I just don't understand why we would be required to buy a can that spills more fuel onto the ground and atmosphere than the old style clear tube/PVC valve cans of old.

Has anyone found a good can/filler tube that satisfys the greenie's and actually works good???

Chad

Get a "Jaz-Jug"

They call it a utility jug.

You have to buy the filler neck seperately.

BTW- F' the greenies.

I'd buy that set-up in a hurry...'cept I been told that gettin caught using a non-compliant can will get ya a real hefty fine...

Anyone been caught????

I'd buy that set-up in a hurry...'cept I been told that gettin caught using a non-compliant can will get ya a real hefty fine...

Anyone been caught????

ha ha that's crazy...yet another reason why I love living in TX!

My dad's buddy had a utility jug for his quad ( :lol: ) that had a valve on the nossle to keep fumes from "escaping" when not in use :applause: . Apparently it was CARB legal....

I have one of those gay red CARB legal cans and I think I've spilled more gas that way the anything. It more than makes up for the fumes that don't "escape" into our precious atmosphere :cry:

But like DD said, F :applause: the greenies

never heard of that. you can't sell a non-compliant can in cali anymore but i've never ever heard you couldn't keep using them (i was in cali all through the 90's until 03-ish). i just bought the blue ones for kerosene at the hardware store. identical to the red ones except the spout works.

unlike the clowns that came up with the 'anti-spill' design, i'm a real environmentalist, and the idea of spilling alot of gas all over the ground and in my yard offends me. so i did the green thing and got a can that works.

Anyone been caught????

Grandfathered, you purchased it years ago.

never heard of that. you can't sell a non-compliant can in cali anymore but i've never ever heard you couldn't keep using them (i was in cali all through the 90's until 03-ish). i just bought the blue ones for kerosene at the hardware store. identical to the red ones except the spout works.

unlike the clowns that came up with the 'anti-spill' design, i'm a real environmentalist, and the idea of spilling alot of gas all over the ground and in my yard offends me. so i did the green thing and got a can that works.

Funny thing though...The "carb" cans spill more gas than the traditional Gas jug with the clear hose.

Especially handy when fishing.

Or

Riding a proper Dirtbike (4 stroke)

I got one of those enviro cans a while back. I had moderate luck filling my bike up, but when I tried filling the lawnmower, I had to put so much force on the spring nozzle that a "gas geyser" shot into the air, covering me with fuel.

I don't know which is worse - all the fuel in the air or the possibility of turning myself into a human torch and causing smoke in the air.

Regardless, I spilled a lot more fuel with this thing than a regular can. Unbelievable idiocy (the enviro wackos, I mean).:applause:

I see a lot of "water" jugs in the local motorcycle shops around here that look just like those non compliant fuel jugs, but they aren't for fuel - they are for water - get it?

Funny thing though...The "carb" cans spill more gas than the traditional Gas jug with the clear hose.

that was exactly my point. sorry if wasn't clear. by 'can that works' i meant the blue kerosene one with a normal nozzle. the CARB approved cans are a serious toxic waste menace imho.

perhaps the cans are just a ploy to try to kill dirtbiking, just like the 4-stroke.

introduce something that is worse than the original in every respect, costs more, and doesn't actually work, then use its drawbacks (spilling for the gas can, noise for the 4-stroke) as more reasons to restrict our riding.

Everyone around here sells the non-compliant "utility jugs", and everyone uses them for gas. I have never seen an end user hassled about this.

It's the same thing as when they said you couldn't sell a "bong", but since "water pipes" are for smoking tobacco, they're legal.

Or, when they decided to ban 50 caliber single shot rifles as "assault weapons", the .510 immediately sprang up, and yes, it's legal.

Welcome to the People's Republic of California, proudly brought to you by the Democrat Party.

No one ever said it made sense.

that was exactly my point. sorry if wasn't clear. by 'can that works' i meant the blue kerosene one with a normal nozzle. the CARB approved cans are a serious toxic waste menace imho.

perhaps the cans are just a ploy to try to kill dirtbiking, just like the 4-stroke.

introduce something that is worse than the original in every respect, costs more, and doesn't actually work, then use its drawbacks (spilling for the gas can, noise for the 4-stroke) as more reasons to restrict our riding.

Another funny thing is the first off road dirtbikes were 4 strokes....then someone came along and had the brilliant idea to create a pollution spewing menace called the 2 stroke......kinda like the C.A.R.B. can