Sign in to follow this  

2002 DRZ E before/after

I bought this bike from the TT classified's 3 weeks ago. I paid $2150 with the intentions of making it street legal and cleaning up the body. I drove 5 hours to Indiana to pick it up. Here is the before picture.

DRZ4001.jpg

I bought a Baja Designs dual purpose light kit, and a XGX graphics kit. I got new handle bars, new side panels, and a trail tech speedo.

march107%20006%2035%25.jpg

I am keeping the stock pipe on until I can get the title signed off with the cops for street use. I still need to get a mirror and new DOT tires. The Baja Designs kit was expensive but very awesome. Nice hardware and great instructions for for the installation.

march107%20007%2035%25.jpg

I bought the JD kit and will rejet it this Saturday. I will also change the oil/filter and check the valves. I have had alot of fun getting my UPS orders and cleaning up the bike. :applause:

what the hells all that white stuff on the ground.................

JK havent seen snow in the flesh for about 10 years (live in a desert)

Looks real sharp it was a good looken bike before, but you cleaned it up real nice. Can you explain to me what you did to the forks are they the stock setup or different

Looks real sharp it was a good looken bike before, but you cleaned it up real nice. Can you explain to me what you did to the forks are they the stock setup or different

Stock forks with seal savers.

I noticed your rear turn signals mount on the fender. Is this the way the kit came? The Baja Design kit I installed on my E came with brackets that mount the turns below the fender and are a little close to the muffler. It hasn't been a problem but I was wondering if it changed.

I noticed your rear turn signals mount on the fender. Is this the way the kit came? The Baja Design kit I installed on my E came with brackets that mount the turns below the fender and are a little close to the muffler. It hasn't been a problem but I was wondering if it changed.

Nope, the kit asked that you mount them back on the tail light assembly. I saw a bike on TT that had them mounted off the side of the fender probably with the bracket that you described.and liked it. I made a small bracket to level the tail lights rather than have them slant upwards and drilled right thru the fender.

feb2807%20022%2055%25.jpg

Why did you take the handgaurds off?

They were the older RM yellow and very beat up. Might get some replacement Zeta's some time but for now I'll let my check book cool off.

Has the bike overheated?

My luck buying used, probably. The last time I bought a used 4-stroke I had to buy an $1100 top end after first ride. :applause:

not trying to be a jerk, but i liked it better in the before pics -

regardless, nice clean job!!!

Damn. You got a good deal on that bike, I'd say. Nice job making it fresh and new looking. Hopefully, you'll go out and beat it up some so it looks messed up again! :applause:

Looks good!:applause: I have the same year E. In my state it is impossible to get a dirt bike street legal. Check the coolant level mine was a little low and boiled over, I topped off the coolant and no problems since.:applause::lol:

Nice bike! I really like the XGX graphics. Where did you get them ? They give the DRZ a nice clean and simple look.

Nope, the kit asked that you mount them back on the tail light assembly. I saw a bike on TT that had them mounted off the side of the fender probably with the bracket that you described.and liked it. I made a small bracket to level the tail lights rather than have them slant upwards and drilled right thru the fender.

feb2807%20022%2055%25.jpg

This is how mine are mounted you can see how close they are to the muffler.

DSCN0457.jpg

Nice bike! I really like the XGX graphics. Where did you get them ? They give the DRZ a nice clean and simple look.

They were the design your own on their website. I worked with Adam at XGX. After recieving them, I wish the Suzuki black outlines would have been heavier like the Thumpertalk sticker. I think the white stripes would have looked better pinstriped in black.

Even though they aren't perfect they look great in person and are a very thick and nice quality.

jan1707%20018%2050%25.jpg

If you like them and wanted to make similar changes, save this picture and use it to work with them. Or try their "design your own" and come up with your own version. Once again, in my opinion, I would have them outline Suzuki heavier in black, no matter what design. I am 46 and not a fan of XGX's wild stuff. You described it as "clean and simple" which is exactly the look I was going for. Thanks...

Mockup_03.jpg

Damn. You got a good deal on that bike, I'd say. :

Middle of the winter, motivated seller. I would think he could get $500 or $600 more in a few months. :applause:

They were the design your own on their website. I worked with Adam at XGX. After recieving them, I wish the Suzuki black outlines would have been heavier like the Thumpertalk sticker. I think the white stripes would have looked better pinstriped in black.

Even though they aren't perfect they look great in person and are a very thick and nice quality.

If you like them and wanted to make similar changes, save this picture and use it to work with them. Or try their "design your own" and come up with your own version. Once again, in my opinion, I would have them outline Suzuki heavier in black, no matter what design. I am 46 and not a fan of XGX's wild stuff. You described it as "clean and simple" which is exactly the look I was going for. Thanks...[/quote=daddyrat;4446627]

agreed they are clean simple and original also agreed a heavier outline might be more appealing

lastly I think they would look super sweet on a black bike withthe yellow :applause: :applause:

Bike looks sweet!!! I was wondering where you got those seal savers from....i like that idea better than how it comes stock. Again, great job and enjoy your Z!!!!!:applause: