Sign in to follow this  

Shopping for XR125/200/250

Although I love my XR500R, it weighs 300# and is not good for steep, tight, rocky and technical trail riding. I am now on the market for something smaller and lighter, more nimble and tossable, possibly with lower gearing. I definitely want another XR, and would also like this next bike to serve as a good starter bike for my GF (5'5", 150#, not very athletic). I really like the mid-80s XRs - the RFVC XR200 comes to mind - but just about any XR125/200/maybe 250 could work for my needs. Any suggestions? As always, thanks in advance. :applause:

Although I love my XR500R, it weighs 300# and is not good for steep, tight, rocky and technical trail riding. I am now on the market for something smaller and lighter, more nimble and tossable, possibly with lower gearing. I definitely want another XR, and would also like this next bike to serve as a good starter bike for my GF (5'5", 150#, not very athletic). I really like the mid-80s XRs - the RFVC XR200 comes to mind - but just about any XR125/200/maybe 250 could work for my needs. Any suggestions? As always, thanks in advance. :applause:

Since your GF is only 5'5", I would get her which ever one fits her the best.

Did Honda make a XR125? I know of the XL125, but not XR125.

Don't rule out the CRF150F if you want a newer bike for her. You might be able to find someone that bought the R model, and now has a F model sitting around.