Sign in to follow this  

Anyone know about places in N. Nevada...

I'm new to the forum but not new to riding. I frequent Carnegie, Hollister (used to) Stony, FH etc.. Last Fall I went up to stay at my Aunt's cabin in Incline and we drove out to Carson City NV., rented quads and went on a high desert tour.

I've never taken my own gear to NV, don't know anything about it, where to go etc.

I've searched the archives of this forum and can't find much. Anyone ride Nevada??? Is it worth it???

Thanks for the input. By the way, I do know that this is the CA forum!

Chad

Moon rocks is good. It is north of Reno, desert terrain, lots of hill climbs and gullies. In the summer, North Tahoe is really good. Park at the top of hwy 267.

:applause: If you really want an honest, unbiased opinion of the riding in Nevada, just wait till BigBob gets back from Hawaii and ask him. :applause:

Thx, I did a deeper search in the archives and found a bunch of stuff with his name on it re: Moonrocks. I sent him a PM.

Also found a Nevada riders web page...doesn't sound like they like the Ca crowd. Can't say that I blame them...

The smiley face at the end of your post has me wondering...

There is Topaz road just South of Topaz that leads out into the East corner of the middle of nowhere. Pretty ugly and barren out there though.

Picture1595.jpg

Picture1610.jpg

No place to camp there

Picture1573.jpg

Just terrible out there, totally crowded

Picture1583.jpg

I ride all over Northen Nevada and Eastern Sierra CA. Your best bet is to contact the shop local to where you are going. I.e. BVH will help you with all the trails.

Yes your trails are crowded. Lots less traffic with us.

http://picasaweb.google.com/TikiDrew/RidesWithDoug

I was talking with you just before I went on that trip last year, have you been out to that area where I was?

Thx, I did a deeper search in the archives and found a bunch of stuff with his name on it re: Moonrocks. I sent him a PM.

Also found a Nevada riders web page...doesn't sound like they like the Ca crowd. Can't say that I blame them...

The smiley face at the end of your post has me wondering...

:applause: Actually the smiley is because anyone that knows BigBob at all probably knows that other than Moonrocks he hates Nevada. He'll probably tell you something like .."It's a nuclear wasteland only fit for donkeys, snakes and jackrabbits." :applause:

Personally I love Moonrocks, and my club does a two day ride in central NV every year that I wouldn't miss. Nevada has some great places to ride, most of which I either haven't had the oportunity to try for myself yet, or I was guided through and would never be able to find again on my own.

I was talking with you just before I went on that trip last year, have you been out to that area where I was?

Not there by in the area, more toward smith valley. I love riding the high Sierra in the summer. So pretty.

:applause: Hmmmmmm,

There's PineNuts, Johnson Lane, Mt. Patterson, Moonrocks, Sand Hill. I've heard lots of good things about all those spots.

I've driven thru Topaz to get to Smith Valley. Very pretty.

Those pictures are fantastic. All that greenery!

The best story I have is the fella at the Bucket of Blood Saloon wearing Buffalo Skin Chaps. Packin' a Colt from the 1800's. :lol:

All this snow & rain in the Sierra's. :cry:

Alright, Let's Go! :applause:

I like those pictures above. I am wondering if that is the sweetwater range south of smith valley? I would like to explore that area. Where is a good staging-camping spot?